Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Ugly K9s blinds

42 hands on villain, VP$IP of 39, pfr of 21. Had seen a few hands he'd raise and fold to the 3-bet on the turn. He'd done a few flop peels and folding the turn UI with assumed overcards.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 09-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Ugly K9s blinds

I like pf/flop but I hate turn.

If he 3 bets you on this turn you're forced to call and hope you fill up on the river (this puts you in a very crappy position). From his numbers it seems like Villian may be capable of 3 betting a worse hand on this turn as well (maybe a heart draw?)

I like calling Villian down here rather than raising turn....you don't want worse hands to fold and you may induce him to bluff again on the river.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:22 PM

I just calldown. I dont think your turn raise has much value, other than charging a heart draw.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:28 PM

As soon as I did it I knew I'd messed up. What about a raise/fold to a 3-bet on a river blank?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about a raise/fold to a 3-bet on a river blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

please just see a showdown here. this isn't the type of opponent to try this on. he's 3 betting you with better hands AND bluffing hands... and might not even pay you off when you raise.