Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Question Re: Neteller and Account Validation

A friend of mine wants to start playing poker. I plan to transfer him 500$. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see:

1. If I transfer him the money via Party Poker, will he be able to withdrawal it to a neteller account if he has not made a deposit with neteller?

2. Am I right in assuming the neteller account must be linked to a checking account before he can use it to shuttle funds around between poker sites?

3. Would it be kosher(with Party Poker) for him to transfer money to me and let me handle his cashouts?

Thank you for your help.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Question Re: Neteller and Account Validation

My neteller account is currently not linked to a bank account and is "unverified," although at one time it was. This is a big problem because I am living like a goddam pauper and am going to have to borrow cold cash from somebody to pay for meals soon if I don't finally start withdrawing.

I think your friend can shuttle funds around poker sites without linking it with a bank account, but maybe I shouldn't have posted here because I don't know for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

-Michael
Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine wants to start playing poker. I plan to transfer him 500$. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see:

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I get it, you want to open a fake account in your friend's name and get the extra bonuses. That's fine, but just be prepared for Party to call to verify that your friend actually exists.

[ QUOTE ]

1. If I transfer him the money via Party Poker, will he be able to withdrawal it to a neteller account if he has not made a deposit with neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Am I right in assuming the neteller account must be linked to a checking account before he can use it to shuttle funds around between poker sites?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Would it be kosher(with Party Poker) for him to transfer money to me and let me handle his cashouts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Just make sure to always play some hands after "he" transfers you the money. Transferring funds and then withdrawing them immediately is a red flag for Party.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

OK, I get it, you want to open a fake account in your friend's name and get the extra bonuses. That's fine, but just be prepared for Party to call to verify that your friend actually exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe what you want, but fraudulent bonus chasing is a -EV proposition for me. Thank "you" for "your" other help [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 02-01-2005, 06:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your pauperdom. I have never withdrawn my winnings, so I sympathize with your plight. You should create a checking account. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I noticed your location says "UCLA grad school dropout": is this the cause of your financial struggles? What were you studying?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:35 AM

I don't have any rea financial struggles, just extreme laziness that causes me not to link my Neteller account with my new bank account in California.

I'm studying comparative literature but I dropped out and am just finishing out the quarter because it would suck for my students if they replaced me mid-term. They pay me to go to school so it cannot contribute to financial hardship.

-Michael
Old 02-01-2005, 09:59 AM

You can use an unverified neteller account to deposit/withdrawl to and from poker sites.

The only restrictions that I know of are the lack of interaccount transfers (you can still transfer to merchants via their neteller accounts) and the atm cards.