Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Aladdin results over thanksgiving

Thanks to those that recommend the Aladdin no-limit. the games were really easy. I only played the 40-100 buy in because that is all they spread.

day 1 -100 (i won 100 playing black jack to break even for the day

day 2 +350
day 3 +350

the players are very passive and will go into their pockets multiple times for rebuys when they are getting absolutely destroyed.

the floor is quit poor and some decisions that were made seemed illogical but all in all an easy room to bet.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Aladdin results over thanksgiving

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to those that recommend the Aladdin no-limit. the games were really easy. I only played the 40-100 buy in because that is all they spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the spread 200-500 buy in 2/5 no limit as well as the 1/2 no limit that you played.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:35 PM

It might not have been running while he was there.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:04 PM

They never spread the 2/5 game. the floor was quit inept at starting and filling games.

i tried to start a list but they never advertised.

anyone who played over thanksgiving i was the person sitting next to his wife from l.a.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:35 PM

I have to agree with the floor filling games. The floor would rather have 4 tables of 6 playing than 3 tables of 8. Then a 6 person table would lose 1 or 2 people and the floor would put new player on a different table. Probably my biggest beef of my short sessions there.

When I was there they were only spreading 1/2 NL and 2/4 Limit. Dealers were very friendly (and I thought helpful for new players) but made a lot of simple mistakes (saying it was checked around when nobody had even acted yet and the like). Drink service was quick. I didnt like the way the tables had the wood edging against the felt, many times card would be dealt in that area and would flash across the the table and/or were just hard to pick up off of flat wood without flashing or bending cards.

I may have seen you and your wife on Wednesday night if you were playing 1/2 NL table closest to the floor table in the 3 & 4 seat wearing sunglasses.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:07 PM

my wife had just left and the guy in seat 4 who was italian with the sun glasses moved into that seat to be next to his wife. i was next to him in seat 5.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:08 PM

I played the Aladdin no-limit that Wednesday night. I played long enough to double up (first hand dealt, AA in the BB), then hit the road (I just stopped in to get my favorite Aladdin pretzels).

That was the $1 & $2 blind game. I've played there many, many times this month and the 1 & 2 has been going every time I have been in there. The $2 & $5 has been going 6 of the times I've been in here. Every time I've played the $2 & $5 (6 times in all), the max buy-in was $300.

Personally, I've never had any problems with the floor. They do a great job as far as I'm concerned (including letting us play NL heads-up for hours on graveyard with zero rake. That's happened a few times on graveyard).

Some of the dealer's are a little green but generally have a great attitude. Try the Gold Coast if you want to see some serious inept dealing. :-)

btw, I played the Flamingo $2 & $5 no-limit Thanksgiving night (after doing rather poorly at the Gold Coast NL during the day), and found the dealers at the Flamingo to be some of the best I have ever seen. YMMV.

Sounds like Eamato & Puck had good trips. WTG guys!

Best Wishes

Howard