Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Shania in limit online?

In looking at Nate's post about suited connectors, (btw, nice transcript at BP, Nate) I was thinking about the usefulness of Shania playing 15/30 on party. Playing full games, I feel like the table rotates through players fast enough that Shania isn't really an important concept. Playing shorthanded or long-term with the same players might make a difference, but even with PT and Playerview, an occasionial raise with 78s from MP won't really make a big difference to anyone except those people playing close attention, whom we don't want to tassle with too much. That's a heck of a run-on sentence.

What I'm trying to say (poorly) is that I feel like raising with suited connectors is valid for most of the reasons in Nate's post- value after limpers, open-raising to steal blinds, etc, but I'm not really sure Shania is *that* useful in limit online. Just my $0.02.

Comments?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Shania in limit online?

wtf is shania?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Shania in limit online?

there was a post about mixing up your play in the mid limit forum last week.

the general concensus is that while it might be slightly overrated, its still a good idea to do a little bit of it, esp. against some regs. or if you have been at the same table for a while.