Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:44 PM

Default AK TPTK OOP MEETS RAISE

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($92.72)
MP ($36.53)
CO ($97.55)
Button ($97)
Hero ($99.60)
BB ($73.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, CO calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $2.50, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($12) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls $10.

Turn: ($32) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, CO calls $20.

River: ($72) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, CO calls $64.55 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $161.55

not much info on the CO(only a few min in the game) but he's rather tight and doesn't raise too much.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($62.35)
MP ($24.71)
Button ($99.50)
Hero ($101.25)
BB ($150.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $3.50, BB calls $3, UTG folds.

Flop: ($13) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, MP folds.

Turn: ($33) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $40</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $93

BB has 55/9/1.2.

both hands are AK on SB, i call a raise flop top pair and both flops have flush draws. what did i do wrong? should i have rr AK if the initial raiser was pretty wild pf? should i have folded AK because i was oop? should i have stopped betting on the river in the first hand? i made the blocking bet because i thought that he might put me all in with a busted draw and i would have to fold.please help me
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: AK TPTK OOP MEETS RAISE

up ^
Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 AM

any advice for these 2 older hands. and also do you like my new ronaldinho avatar? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 11:41 AM

First hand looks fine. Without a read I would say you are beat here most of the time. Second hand looks a little weak. He may be on a draw or have a hand looking for a cheap showdown. Against an aggressive villain, I may 3-bet, but standard line would be to call and check/call the turn and river provided no scare cards hit.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand looks fine. Without a read I would say you are beat here most of the time. Second hand looks a little weak. He may be on a draw or have a hand looking for a cheap showdown. Against an aggressive villain, I may 3-bet, but standard line would be to call and check/call the turn and river provided no scare cards hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure i was beat in both cases but should i have kept betting the river oop 25$ in the first hand or just check and call a not so big bet(also maybe induce a bluff from a busted flush)? it was more of a blocking bet than a value one since what would he have called that i could beat? KJ? and should i have rr both AK's from the blinds preflop?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:01 PM

I think you are beat if the villian has a 1.2 aggression factor in hand #2. I like the lines in both hands and perhaps you just got unlucky. The bet on the river on hand #1 depends on your read of the villian. If he folds too often you may be beat. If he calls too often then the bet on the river is good. That's my perspective.

edit: I suppose the guy on the first hand could have a busted draw so it is read dependent.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:31 PM

hand #1 from your river line you through a blocker in and got raised. I'd muck, looks like KQ was calling you down.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 PM

I like the blocker on hand 1. Either villain thought your were stealing (unlikely) or wanted to get paid for his two pair (probably). If you checked and I was villain, I would bet every time no matter what two cards I held, but if you place a bet that looks like either a blocker or a trap I will not raise unless I have something I am willing to go to the felt with.

Hand 2 is the one I think you need to ponder. If you fold your continuation bet with TPTK to every raise you are giving up value. It is highly probable that pre-flop raiser has an ace with a worse kicker or maybe KK or QQ. I want to get to a showdown with TPTK as cheaply as possible. Call the raise and call/check down unimproved. If an A or K hits the turn, then unleash hell.

Pre-flop, I don't mind the call of the raise with AK. Re-raising and playing a large pot OOP is not my preferred strategy.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the blocker on hand 1. Either villain thought your were stealing (unlikely) or wanted to get paid for his two pair (probably). If you checked and I was villain, I would bet every time no matter what two cards I held, but if you place a bet that looks like either a blocker or a trap I will not raise unless I have something I am willing to go to the felt with.

Hand 2 is the one I think you need to ponder. If you fold your continuation bet with TPTK to every raise you are giving up value. It is highly probable that pre-flop raiser has an ace with a worse kicker or maybe KK or QQ. I want to get to a showdown with TPTK as cheaply as possible. Call the raise and call/check down unimproved. If an A or K hits the turn, then unleash hell.

Pre-flop, I don't mind the call of the raise with AK. Re-raising and playing a large pot OOP is not my preferred strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 2 showed 87 diamond, i guess i had a feeling about him that he wouldn't do that with only one pair, that's why i folded. as i said pt had him at 55/9/1.2, kind of fishy [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]