Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Default rakebck pointless for low mgr?

I am new to rakeback/affiliates. I play 25NL, a little bit of 50NL, and cater to the promotions and bonuses - is setting up a rakeback a waste of time at these limits?

Some numbers - $96.31 in rake over 4661 hands since 10/13/05. In the same time I cleared $120 worth of bonus. I guess this makes my MGR negative, right? Is my best bet just to keep bonus whoring until I play much higher stakes? At what point should I start worrying about rakeback?

The other thing is that right now I jump around to whore the best bonuses and don't neessarily play one site only. So setting up affiliates for one site is pointless, right?

/me puts flame suit on
Old 10-31-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: rakebck pointless for low mgr?

I'd get rakeback for any new site you sign up with.. AFAIK, the affiliate won't "cancel" you if you jump around. Once you move up you already have the RB deal in place.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

for the small amount of money that it costs you, it saves you a lot of annoyance later on in creating a new account. for this bonus you only would've lost out on about $5
Old 10-31-2005, 04:58 PM

You should always setup your account thru a rakeback affiliate, for sites where its available!

Some sites do not subtract Bonus payments from MGR, and for the others, you will be ready when you move up and start generating more MGR than bonus while clearing.

There is no downwside!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:30 PM

Is it just me or does the amount of rake for 4600+ hands of 25nl and 50nl seem pretty low, even considering how many hands u played and it's contributed rake.

And i agree, getting rakeback doesn't hurt. But it does mean u won't get the one time affiliate bonus u can find.