Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 AM

Default OK, so who\'s interested in ...... (Pokershare related)

Owning a piece of Ultimate Bet and Phil Helmuth's ass?

I'm serious. I am going to call my attorney in the morning.

I am going to present to him that I was offered part ownership in a web based business and that the other party renegged and STOLE my percentage of OWNERSHIP in the enterprise.

I thought I might post it here first because I know there are lawyers who play poker and read 2+2. I thought one of them would be interested in heading up a class action lawsuit against the American owners of Ultimate Bet for perpetrating this scam. UB is not based in the US, but the big names associated with it are US citizens. They can be named in a legal action and they can be sued.

I will keep you all posted on what my lawyer tells me. I will let you know when to e-mail me with your information should this get traction. If you are an attorney and reading this, please respond and tell us your opinion of what can be done to hold Pokershare accountable for stealing from it's players.

Thanks.

X
Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: OK, so who\'s interested in ...... (Pokershare related)

[ QUOTE ]
please respond and tell us your opinion of what can be done to hold Pokershare accountable for stealing from it's players.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are paying back accounts. They havent stolen anything yet.

Who knows, they may even find a way to transfer the Ultimate Points.

Give them a little time.

rJ
Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 AM

This is Pokershare not Ultimatebet, Hellmuth and Duke represnt Ultimate Bet only.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 AM

fight the evil corrupt corporate greed!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:53 AM

Good luck.

You are just going to waste your time and energy on a hopeless effort.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:07 AM

What is wrong with people like you? Do you truely feel cheated? Or are you always looking for an easy score?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:11 AM

See my post in the other thread. Your own view that you were offered an ownership interest in the business would strengthen an argument that the offering was a violation of the Securities Act of 1933. Go ahead and contact your attorney; he'll probably tell you that the issue is unclear, but that there is a risk of violation, in which case you'd have a recission right with regards to the original offer, but not much of a claim for anything else (unless you incurred damages through accepting the offer -- and neither the opportunity cost of accepting the offer nor any losses while playing on the site will likely qualify as claims).
Old 11-02-2005, 02:36 AM

Well Cat,
So my argument about losses wouldn't fly since I made $ there. Opportunity cost is another matter, but such a short period doesn't really add up to much in rakeback.

My primary beef is that my shares were supposed to be good forever and even if they went down in value, they still entitled me to a share of 40% of the profits from the site paid into my account forever. They never expired. That's what pisses me off. These lying sacs of dung have deprived me of a potential lifelong income from playing on their site. Offer it and then just snatch it away. They stole my OWNERSHIP.

X
Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These lying sacs of dung have deprived me of a potential lifelong income from playing on their site. Offer it and then just snatch it away. They stole my OWNERSHIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roll with the punches son, roll with the punches. There will be more coming.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 AM

I really wouldn't write anything more on a public forum if I were interested in pressing some sort of claim against them. It almost surely won't help and it can very well hurt.

And the risk of such claims, whether jusitifed or not, likely prompted, or at least strengthened the argument for prompting, this action by them now anyway. If there are legitimate claims to be made, whipping up a frenzy and shopping for class action attorneys does not strike me as the best way to ensure their are assets to go after with a claim.

*** My posts here and in other threads are my personal opinion. They are not legal advice. ***