Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM

Default RB websites good idea for high volume players?

Let me first say that I am not questioning the integrity of the owners of any of these sites as I have never dealt with them and have no reason to think they are untrustworthy. These sites seem to do a fine job and are surely an asset to online poker players.

However, the discussion in the big ongoing thread right now is very valid. What reason do we have to believe that Party will not pull the rug out from these sites as they have in the past? Will your reasoning be that Party isnt capable of doing shady things to lure customers short term? Ha! They are ruthless in their pursuit of market share as we have all seen.

The fact is that there is/are NON-rakeback affiliate(s?) out there who have always had the ability to offer rakeback to a small % (very high volume) of their players. These affiliates have NEVER lost this ability to use individual trackers when the public websites have, and have been doing business as usual during all of this chaos while others scramble in ten different directions trying to get things set up. These affiliates are also very much in the loop when it comes to customer service issues, inner company dealings, etc.

Put yourself in party's shoes. Would you be more loyal to a non rakeback affiliate who does things the way you intended when you created the program, or a website who helped to take away a huge chunk of your business!!

I registered for this site in March, and lurked for a few months before that. If you check my posts you will see that my first poker related post explaining Party rakeback was made on Oct. 6, two days before all this chaos started. Coincidence? Folks, I am knowledgable on this subject.

For 97% of the players out there the RB websites may very well be your best bet. However if you are an extremely high volume player, you will be smart to consider the long run and all of the factors involved.

Hopefully this post can generate some discussion, as I think this is the real issue here. Just like poker results people...THINK ABOUT THE BIG PICTURE!!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: RB websites good idea for high volume players?

You say high volume players -

Let's say you have a 8000MGR every month. (some of us have more).

I assume your probably getting around 20%. Or else your post wouldn't make much sense since you wouldn't be getting much less than the rest of us.

So for the last..2 years(about as long as HIGH dollar RB has been around). We've been making 800$ a month more than you. Every month. That's almost 20,000$.

As a penalty, we have to take 3 days away from rakeback, in order to sign our new rakeback deal, which will also give us more money than you.

I don't agree.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've been making 800$ a month more than you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8000 x .2 = 1600
8000 x .3 = 2400
Old 10-10-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

8000 x .2 = 1600
8000 x .3 = 2400

[/ QUOTE ]
assumed 25% RB
where do you get 30% for party?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 PM

Hi, thanks for the response. I am talking about the future though, not the past.

The way I see it there are two option for high volume players in regards to RB at Party:

Option #1 is to sign up with one of the many publicly advertised rakeback websites. You get a good % and a respected affiliate. But if Party does decide to heed the demands of the non-RB affils and shut down the individual trackers again, these websites will be the first to go.

Option #2 is to sign up through a large non rakeback affil who gives rakeback to a small % of his customers. You might get slightly lower rate (1-2% lower or maybe even equal) but you have more security as these are the rocks that Party depends on and you wake up every day knowing your RB will still be there.

It is all about risk vs reward and how confident you are that Party will not pull the plug on RB anytime soon. I am a more risk averse type when it comes to things like this, but thats just me. I feel its an interesting debate though.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:59 PM

This post looks a bit like someone with CAP influence, a long time critic of rakeback.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, thanks for the response. I am talking about the future though, not the past.

The way I see it there are two option for high volume players in regards to RB at Party:

Option #1 is to sign up with one of the many publicly advertised rakeback websites. You get a good % and a respected affiliate. But if Party does decide to heed the demands of the non-RB affils and shut down the individual trackers again, these websites will be the first to go.

Option #2 is to sign up through a large non rakeback affil who gives rakeback to a small % of his customers. You might get slightly lower rate (1-2% lower or maybe even equal) but you have more security as these are the rocks that Party depends on and you wake up every day knowing your RB will still be there.

It is all about risk vs reward and how confident you are that Party will not pull the plug on RB anytime soon. I am a more risk averse type when it comes to things like this, but thats just me. I feel its an interesting debate though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Party decides to turn off the individual stats for everyone (like they did before) then the non-rake back affiliates will have the same problem.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This post looks a bit like someone with CAP influence, a long time critic of rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Not sure if you missed this part of my original post or if you are just doubting its accuracy, but here it is again:

The fact is that there is/are NON-rakeback affiliate(s?) out there who have always had the ability to offer rakeback to a small % (very high volume) of their players. These affiliates have NEVER lost this ability to use individual trackers when the public websites have, and have been doing business as usual during all of this chaos while others scramble in ten different directions trying to get things set up.