Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL: NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #4

[ QUOTE ]
damn yank calling stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL TEAM RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished reading this entire thread and want to thank MegaBet. It's nice to know there is someone out there that takes a beat worse than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I accept it when playing the fishbowl that is the $55 SNGs on Party. Bad players = more bad beats, but is very much +EV for me long term. But when a 2+2er makes such a terrible terrible call it makes me wonder why I am giving out advice. If people don't listen I guess I am wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought at all about your flop push? You did hit top pair on a scary board but still shoved all your chips in like a $6 donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

"shoved my chips in like a $6 donk" ?? Yeah, such a bad play putting all my chips in and overbetting the pot when I knew I had the best hand, protecting it against the flush draw and I knew I'd probably be called by a worst hand. Yeah, terrible donkish behaviour by me!

Sheesh!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:34 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I accept it when playing the fishbowl that is the $55 SNGs on Party. Bad players = more bad beats, but is very much +EV for me long term. But when a 2+2er makes such a terrible terrible call it makes me wonder why I am giving out advice. If people don't listen I guess I am wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you assume that because someone is 2+2 they are automatically great players? That's like assuming that the fish never have Aces.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you assume that because someone is 2+2 they are automatically great players? That's like assuming that the fish never have Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but I give people on 2+2 credit for knowing basic +/- EV calls. I guess I shouldn't.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished reading this entire thread and want to thank MegaBet. It's nice to know there is someone out there that takes a beat worse than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought at all about your flop push? You did hit top pair on a scary board but still shoved all your chips in like a $6 donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

"shoved my chips in like a $6 donk" ?? Yeah, such a bad play putting all my chips in and overbetting the pot when I knew I had the best hand, protecting it against the flush draw and I knew I'd probably be called by a worst hand. Yeah, terrible donkish behaviour by me!

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks either of his overcard outs were good then he was a 1.3-1 dog and the pot was laying him 1.4-1. If both his outs were good, he was a favorite.
Not to mention he had you covered and that bet smelled fishy as hell.
Plus he had a chance ot knock you out and start the circus that is you whining.
Who did this to poor Megabet? Please chime in.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but I give people on 2+2 credit for knowing basic +/- EV calls. I guess I shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if it was a bad call? or even a terrible call? I think even the best of players make mistakes sometimes. Add to that the fact that it was a 2+2 tourney, and I'm willing to guess a lot of the guys didn't really care if they were playing "optimally".

It was a $20 tourney, which isn't that much for many people. You, believe it or not, make some mistakes that people better than you probably recognize as huge flaws. Perhaps there are people that make huge flaws that you can recognize and they can't. I'm sorry if the $20 was a huge blow to your bankroll, or if not winning was a huge blow to your ego.

Complaining about it is not going to make us all believe you are truly a great player for "knowing" you were ahead when you put your chips in the middle.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks either of his overcard outs were good then he was a 1.3-1 dog and the pot was laying him 1.4-1. If both his outs were good, he was a favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting all my money in with the best hand, even if the pot is being overbet, or looks "fishy as hell", is how I make most of my $$. I even started a thread on it!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting all my money in with the best hand, even if the pot is being overbet, or looks "fishy as hell", is how I make most of my $$. I even started a thread on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different point than bitching about his bad call.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if it was a bad call? or even a terrible call? I think even the best of players make mistakes sometimes. Add to that the fact that it was a 2+2 tourney, and I'm willing to guess a lot of the guys didn't really care if they were playing "optimally".

It was a $20 tourney, which isn't that much for many people. You, believe it or not, make some mistakes that people better than you probably recognize as huge flaws. Perhaps there are people that make huge flaws that you can recognize and they can't. I'm sorry if the $20 was a huge blow to your bankroll, or if not winning was a huge blow to your ego.

Complaining about it is not going to make us all believe you are truly a great player for "knowing" you were ahead when you put your chips in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously completely missing the point here. It's not worth my energy.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different point than bitching about his bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never bitched about anything. It's you guys who are blowing it out of proportion.