Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Defining God

Ha ha, you guys have me pegged. Is my thinking that transparent? Is that a good or a bad thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I think Zen initially interested me because I'm stubborn about figuring out things for myself and that seemed to be what Zen was pointing to, know yourself, but isn't that what Christianity points to, 'know thyself?' You summed up my basic intention in one concise paragraph . . .

[ QUOTE ]
I understand you wanting to come to the table with as little bias as possible. To remove all bias and go from there - and really what you are saying to achieve a state of no bias and free from thought. You’re wondering if that point would be a moment of clarity. And if that clarity culminates in or is Truth, or it culminates in a union with God or is God , or if it culminates in or is nothingness.

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . which is insightful to say the least. I just showed my girlfriend what you wrote and she asked what an avatar is, whoops [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I think that for myself, to really understand myself, I need to only use religious text as a guideline, something to point in the general direction, but I need to be the one to realize that which is already inside me. I appreciate your opinion and look forward to bouncing ideas off you as I respect the fact that you can understand exactly where I'm at with just an initial introduction. Movie time with girlfriend, take care, Jeff