Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Default WPT Foxwoods Main Event Hand

My image: I've played at this table for about an hour or so and have only raised twice after others have entered the pot. The first was a button raise to 1100 after a few 200 limps and get a BB call and UTG+1 limp reraises allin for 2500 more and I fold.

The second was a CO raise after 1 limp. Button calls, limper folds and I end up doubling with AK vs A3 when an A flops and the money goes in on the turn.

I've been about the 3rd tightest player at the table and have 10K chips.

Villain read: About average tight at the table and has not shown down any garbage. But he's certainly raising enough that he doesn't have monsters every time.

Table read: I'm now sandwiched between Young Phan and Michael Gracz and there's only one weak spot at the table - a weak tight guy with a short stack. Outplaying this table isn't likely.

The hand: Blinds 100-200, Ante 25. Tourney avg stk - 16 K. (about 250 left out of 410 in this flight.) Villain (18.5 K) opens to 625 3 off the button and Young Phan (30-35 K) calls in CO. I have AKo on the button and reraise to 2700. Folds to villain, who goes allin. Young thinks and thinks before finally folding.

Action to me. I'm not the best at reading souls, but I can't see him making a move with nada here. If I fold I have 7300 left. What's my move?