Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 08:31 AM

Default PokerRoom Table Selection

I am currently trying to clear a bonus at PokerRoom, but am having difficulty on table selection.

Basically the problem is that when you view the stats for each table there is an inverse relationship beween average pot size and % seeing the flop. Almost without fail the higher the % of players seeing the flop the lower the average pot size, which does not make sense. Sure there could be a situation where there is a lot of pre flop raing which could cause low % seeing the flop and high average pot sizes, but in general I would expect that the higher the % seeing the flop the higher the average pot should be and I certainly would not expect an inverse relationship between these 2 statistics.

Does anyone know if the figures shown as % seeing the flop or average pot size are accurate? and should I be selecting tables with high % seeing the flop or those with a higher average pot size?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: PokerRoom Table Selection

I didn't put any faith whatsoever in their stats when I played there - they didn't seem to have any bearing on reality. But it really didn't seem to matter, as the games that I played at (low limit) were all pretty much the same (loose, semi-aggressive, lots of fish). I miss Pokerroom and hope they have a reload bonus again soon to motivate me to go back.