Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: 100-200 Lifeline

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Steve, I'm right about the distinction existing. You've plainly stated there's 2 sets of rules about the one player to a hand rule. Online doesn't hold itself to the same level of integrity live play does. You won't like the phrasing of that but, based on everything you said, that is a true statement. You clarified that.

I never thought it was okay and get pissed when I know guys are obviously IM'ing in the middle of a hand. I got it now. It's not okay live, but is online. I'm surprised and disappointed of the attitude and acceptance of it, but have no desire to swim against the tide here. No problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Steve, I'm right about the distinction existing. You've plainly stated there's 2 sets of rules about the one player to a hand rule. Online doesn't hold itself to the same level of integrity live play does. You won't like the phrasing of that but, based on everything you said, that is a true statement. You clarified that.

I never thought it was okay and get pissed when I know guys are obviously IM'ing in the middle of a hand. I got it now. It's not okay live, but is online. I'm surprised and disappointed of the attitude and acceptance of it, but have no desire to swim against the tide here. No problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your thoughts on people sharing their PT databases then?
Old 12-23-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I cant argue with any of that. I guess there is a lower standard to a point, and defintely a different set of rules.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:02 PM

There are dudes sharing their hands and colluding and who knows what else online, and you want to get uppity because someone AIMs someone "dude, just how tight is this guy"?
Old 12-25-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are dudes sharing their hands and colluding and who knows what else online, and you want to get uppity because someone AIMs someone "dude, just how tight is this guy"?

[/ QUOTE ]

We shouldn't prosecute for assault, either, since people are getting murdered everyday.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We shouldn't prosecute for assault, either, since people are getting murdered everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

but hypothetically, if one state says that assault is not a crime, then commiting assault in that state would not be grounds for criminal prosecution, as is the analogy here.

on the internet, there is no 1 player to a hand rule. i know very well known and respected players that watch each other play and discuss hands before during and after. im not willing to go that far, nor do i think its explicitly against the ruels of online poker.

for me, however, i just keep it to questions about a player at the worst. i can't remember the last time i did it but i would have no problem im'ing lee and asking: "quick, read on XYZ." since that information could be useful in decision making in the hand. i wouldn't IM him and ask, "XYZ bet the turn after raising pf and betting the flop, should i fold?" b/c that asks for a specific action that I should be able to reach by myself. getting information to make that action isn't wrong in my ethical world, but asking a specific action would be b/c its not you "playing" the hand.

in any case, neither of those would be "illegal" online b/c i have yet to see any explicit rule saying only 1 p layer may play a hand.

Barron