Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Very Bad Fold?

In retrospect I don't like this turn line as I could have had a showdown for the same price. Also, by the time I fold, the pot is huge (something I didn't take the time to think about while I was playing the hand). I'm still working on my donkbet reactions. I usually call the turn and will often raise a safe river. Every now and then I'll raise the turn if I think the villian might be semi-bluffing a draw. After he 3-bets me, should I be calling? If I do call, am I calling the river unimproved? Yell at me, I deserve it.

Villian is very loose-passive preflop, but plays aggressively postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 09-03-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Very Bad Fold?

Well it sure looks like your tptk hand is not good, but I don't see a fold being the right course of action. After he bets out into you again on the turn, calling down seems best. His aggressive post-flop play means that he does not necessarily have you beat, but it doesn't look promising.

If you do raise the turn, which can't be too wrong, I think I would call down.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:19 PM

icky but I think I call down here

so many hands like K3 K4 Q4 where you have a ton of outs, even KQ you have 3, getting 12:1 I think you have to call this, if he's agressive he will bet 3-betting this turn with any 2 pair hand - from his perspective you must have exactly KK,QQ,KQ to beat his 2pair -- i really think you need to see
the river at this point

and I like just calling the turn there

edit: about the turn call - after your 3-bet on the flop, I really do think that turn donk bet means TPTK no good a large portion of the time.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:28 PM

Like jba said, you've got a ton of hidden outs against all but KQ.