Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Default AJs on the Button (LC)

No PT stats on the SB. I have been watching very closely and SB is semi-LAG.

This is my only note on this player, fwiw: "played Q2, paired Q, but overcard board. Bet on the turn of an A - bluff. "

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

I checked here to induce a bluff.

River: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Fin: 6.50 BBal Pot
Old 12-20-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: AJs on the Button (LC)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You just gave either of the flush draws a free card and he's not going to believe you have the ace anyways.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You just gave either of the flush draws a free card and he's not going to believe you have the ace anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a gamble here, but I felt I had the best hand by at least 99%. And for him not to believe I have the ace was what I was going for.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:27 AM

Then bet the turn and river if you don't believe him. Of course you have the best hand, but what if he has J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and you just gave him a free card?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then bet the turn and river if you don't believe him. Of course you have the best hand, but what if he has J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and you just gave him a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant I had the best hand to win. I see your point and I will begin to apply that thought to my game. I have some big leaks in my game still. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]