Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Combinations of opponents

I've read several times on this forum, the notion that X$ buy-in SNGs are the worst, because of "bad combination of strong players and fish".

Can someone really show why certain "combinations" are worse than, say, just higher percentage of strong players, per ce?

As I see it, the larger the number of "strong players" compared to "fish", the tougher the game is, period.

Of course, if you say "strong players" but actually mean "weak-tight", and by "fish" you mean "loose-passive" or "loose-manic", this is different, and that brings another question: what is the best proportion, in an SNG, between different kinds of *fish*?

Any thoughts?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Combinations of opponents

At Party, my money is made from people incorrectly making decisions and knocking each other out. If you have good, tight aggressive players, there are many players left when the blinds become high and it becomes a crapshoot.

You want as many players making bad/crazy/loose decisions in a sit and go as possible. You then just bring your big weapons to battle with them and hopefully knock them off.