Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM

Default how pissed off should i be?

so my parents were in town for a midsemester break. my girlfriend went to canada partially for a change of scenery and have fun and partially to avoid my parents. while in canada she was at a club with a couple of friends (male friends if that matters). They were dancing with her, and she thought they'd have more fun if she left them alone to find other females to dance with. So she went to dance by herself. First off... how big of a mistake was that?

Two males sandwiched her in pretty forcefully. She was pretty uncomfortable, but she was unable to push them away. She said that screaming wouldn't have helped because it was so loud in the club. Then one of the males took her phone out of her back pocket and called himself (presumably to get her number). Then one (not sure if the same) of them put his hand down her pants and underwear. She was in complete shock and her only thought was to get away and take a shower because she immediately felt dirty, so she wiggled away and waved down one of her friends and they all left the club. I don't know why she couldn't do this immediately, maybe being completely violated gave her some extra strength.

This whole situation has me pretty pissed off, but I'm pretty convinced that she did nothing wrong and that these guys are just a bunch of sick perverted individuals. She wasn't even wearing "tease" clothes (jeans and a sweater) because it was cold (not that wearing those kind of clothes should be an invitation for this). She just wanted to dance. I don't really go to clubs; is this kind of conduct normal for clubs? I can't imagine it is, but then again I've been fairly sheltered.

I am kind of upset with her for not notifying a manager or at least punching/slapping them in the face. What kind of laws are out there regarding this kind of stuff? What are the chances having their number can bring any sort of justice?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: how pissed off should i be?

I am assuming these guys were _________. Dont want to sound racist but thats the only kind of people I have ever seen pull anything like that. Oh, and yes you should be pissed.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 PM

very pissed off - at the guys.

Didn't anyone try to help? Was it in a secluded spot?

don't be upset with her, listen and be sympathetic.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming these guys were _________. Dont want to sound racist but thats the only kind of people I have ever seen pull anything like that. Oh, and yes you should be pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? When I was reading this, I didn't assume that these guys were black. If you are going to stereotype, at least have the balls to come out and say it, instead of saying "Oh, well I'm not racist, but white people don't do this, only black people do"

If I were you, I would be pissed off. Not at your girlfriend(is that what you meant?) but at the two guys. What these guys did was disgusting, and if they continue to harass your girlfriend, consider legal action and/or beating their asses.

I'm assuming the blank was supposed to be "black".
Old 10-24-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the blank spot? If you are going to put down someone or some ethnic group at least be a man about it.

To the OP, Id be pissed/concerned that she didnt contact management, or at least someone that could put these d-bags in their place. What happens when something like this happens again, but they take it even further?? Tell her to get some mace.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:30 PM

You have their phone number. Get the fuckers.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM

you're a tool-- your girlfriend got violated and you are blaming her for it instead of supporting her. kill yourself.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:32 PM

You are correct to be pissed. Just be thankful that things didn't escalate into anything worse.

If the guy did dial his number from your GF's cell have her file an assault complaint against these 'tards. The cops shouldn't have any trouble tracking them down. Even if she doesn't want to testify they will at least at a minimum they get hassled by the law.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:33 PM

does oot need a lesson in reading comprehension

he is talking about being pissed at his girl not the dudes
Old 10-24-2005, 05:33 PM

Next time find a bouncer and have the bouncer throw them down the stairs.
I'm not kidding.

As it is. You have their number as the guy said above. Either cops or posse of friends.