Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Where to play Sit-n-Gos!?

Hello All! I'm looking for suggestions for where to play $20 Sit-n-Gos! I currently play at Empire, where I do not like the blind structure. Do any of you folks have favorite places to play? I'm looking to give what little poker skill I have a chance to show itself. The rapidly advancing blinds, while fighting off several maniacs, do not seem to allow for that at Empire. Esp, when the dealer is being unkind, and you have to show a lot of patience. Many Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Where to play Sit-n-Gos!?

Try Poker Stars or UB -- 1500 chips to start.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:37 AM

No one seems to like the Cryptologic network but I think the tournaments are pretty good. They seem a little slower then most sites leaving a bit of room for play.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:18 AM

You don't say what you don't like about the blind structures but I find Full Tilt pretty good for Sit and gos. The blinds do not increase as fast as most structures.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 PM

I really like Pokerstars. 1500 chips, decently long levels, you actually still have some chips left at HU to play something other than the All-In coinflip game. UB has much the same format, though the games seem tougher.

I also like the 180 person, $20 SNGs at party. They fill up pretty quickly, so you can get in a good sized tourney pretty much any time you want.

PS SNGs do take longer though than a Party SNGs, so if you're trying to maximize the number you play per hour, I suppose go with Party.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:20 PM

Gotta agree about Pokerstars. I love all the different sizes of S&Gs it has. You can play 9,18,27,36,45 and 180 players. And they fill up fast.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also like the 180 person, $20 SNGs at PokerStars. They fill up pretty quickly, so you can get in a good sized tourney pretty much any time you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed my own damn post.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM

Try PokerStars. I started out playing SNGs there. The bigger stacks and more slowly-increasing blinds give you more opportunity to actually play poker. That said, I'm switching to Party this week for shorter stacks and more rapidly increasing blinds. Playing good poker is nice, but making money is better.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:12 PM

As others have said, Pokerstars is very good, good game selection and structures. Ultimatebet and Full Tilt are also pretty good, tougher games than Pokerstars though.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:11 PM

i use pokerstars to tweak my game. you should too.