Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: My Video (short - 6:39)

A2o BB -- button opens, SB coldcalls, you fold. I call this.

AA hand on K77 flop: I just raise the turn although im sure theres not much of a difference. im too worried that he might give up with his random PP by then.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

it sure feels like we are behind and that we are going to get called in two places here. it seems like SB either has a pair or a gutshot and in any case probably isn't going to fold. do you think LP calls the flop with A high a lot here? it feels like we can get a free card if we check. I really don't know if that's right though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think a check here would have been brilliant.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM

krishan,

i hate your flop raise in this one. let SB be the aggressor until you hit. your equity is marginal at best even if you are ahead. the way you played it i agree with other ppl who say to check the turn
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A2o BB -- button opens, SB coldcalls, you fold. I call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Equitywise I know I'm okay but I don't have a clue what to do postflop. Can you outline a couple scenerios where you would look to get involved and how you would play an ace?

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 62s hand, goes roughly like

krishan in BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 LP limpers, sb (30/22/2.2) raises, krishan calls, limpers call

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]42r (8 sb):
sb bets, krishan raises, limper 1 calls, limper 2 folds, sb calls.

turn J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 bb)
sb checks, krishan bets

it sure feels like we are behind and that we are going to get called in two places here. it seems like SB either has a pair or a gutshot and in any case probably isn't going to fold. do you think LP calls the flop with A high a lot here? it feels like we can get a free card if we check. I really don't know if that's right though.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is my default play in a situation like that too. But thinking about this situation some more I kind of like Krishan's bet here. He probably doesn't have a lot of fold equity but he does have some and and combined with his pot equity I actually think a bet is +EV.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA hand on K77 flop: I just raise the turn although im sure theres not much of a difference. im too worried that he might give up with his random PP by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he might be on a resteal as a K high uncoordinated board is a good one to bluff at. So I decided to let him fire the last barrel before making him pay. Also I'd likely call down in this spot with ace high so I think most PP will bet.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM

playing the ace (if it hits i mean) is pretty easy imo, i just checkraise the button and keep betting until he raises, then i make a decision. theres also a few wheel draws that a ragged flop allows me to peel for.

and your position on the flop is awesome because c/r the button gets you 2 bets from both button and SB
Old 11-28-2005, 04:04 PM

Also, what program did you use to make this video? Were you multitabling and then just edited it down to 1 screen?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what program did you use to make this video? Were you multitabling and then just edited it down to 1 screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Camstudio. Moose made a great tutorial and posted it here on MUSH. But then it got deleted. I think Josh is going to try and put it in a sticky sometime.

I was going to single table but I decided to 2 table with only one table being recorded. I normally play more tables.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

5:30 - The SB raises and you call in the BB getting 7:1 with 62s. This is great. The flop comes down K42 one of your suit. SB leads and you raise. I'd just let it go. I'd take 1 off closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I think if I'm going to call I have to get involved on a K high flop like this one. Anyone else chime in?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I always thought it was better to be closing the action with these kinds of hands, it also lets me get away when there's a bet and a raise. I usually fold PF when I have this bad relative position