FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: how pissed off should i be?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming these guys were _________. Dont want to sound racist but thats the only kind of people I have ever seen pull anything like that. Oh, and yes you should be pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know why automatically assumed this. as a couple others have mentioned, I certainly didn't attribute this to any particular racial group while I was reading.

I figured it was actually two guys in striped shirts that just got off the Golden Tee machine who would pull a stunt like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe utmt is black and talking about white guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me! But what is real funny here is the fact I left it blank on purpose just to see how many of you would come back and say black. I was right a lotof you did and you want to berate me for leaving blank when the first thing that came to your mind was the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I assumed that these were white guys after reading the initial message, for obvious reasons. I also assumed that the blank in your message was "black" given the context in which you wrote it. So, please, shove it w/ your BS rationalization, you piece of ____.

[/ QUOTE ]

"...chocolate cake with vanilla frosting", right?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be sympathetic, let her know it's not her fault, and do NOT tell her what she could or should have done. .....don't make a bunch of threats or talk about hurting these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain this? IMO constructive criticism is often really good as you know what to do next time. I HATE feeling helpless and not knowing what to do makes me feel even more helpless. Also, knowing someone has your back and won't be a pussy when you are in danger is good. So threats (done in the right way) can be feel really good when you feel helpless. Even if it's only a "Man I wish I was there. I may be outnumbered but I would of bit his ear off."

Also, I don't see what's wrong with urging her in filing a complaint. She doesn't have to go to court, she just needs to file a complaint to "protect others that may be in danger". It will build her up and allow her to be a stronger person. She will feel good about it because she's helping others. She can be a "character witness for future victims".

I'm not a woman of course. And I've never been in this womans specific situation but I have been mugged and beaten by group of thieves. I was messed up pretty badly. So I'm very familiar with what goes through a victims mind.

P.S. Nothumb, as always, I love hearing your street wisdom.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:26 PM

I'm only FYP'ing this because I'm sick

[ QUOTE ]
so my parents were in town for a midsemester break. my girlfriend went to canada to get laid by someone other than me. while in canada she was at a swingers club with a couple of friends (male friends if that matters).
Two males were trying to make her airtight. . She was pretty uncomfortable, but she was unable to push them away because of the restraints. She said that screaming wouldn't have helped because of the ball-gag that was in her mouth. She was in complete shock and her only thought was to get away and take a shower because she had 8 gallons of man-goo on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have gone on...but i was laughing too hard. Time for a few more hits off the bong.

To the OP...only be mad at the guys. Be supportive of her. When chit like this happens, sometimes people don't make the right snap decisions.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:47 PM

This is a classic fight or flight situation. Your GF choose flight as her course of action. You should in no way be pissed at her or blame her. The two molesters are the ones who should be the focus of your rage.

If you were/are even a little pissed at your GF, I hope you accidentally stumble into the Blue Oyster tonight and meet up with Clyde and Butch.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sure hope this chick sees the light and dumps your sorry ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that hurts, especially coming from one of my most respected posters. I guess that I should take more care in the wording of my posts. To clarify, I am not pissed off at my girlfriend. at best I was a little upset with how she handled herself as the incident unfolded and afterwords, but now I don't even feel that.

I am convinced that the best course of action is to do nothing but console her, and possibly help her take action against them if/when she becomes ready to. Right now she's not ready to think about it and I have to respect that, even though I need her to understand that it wasn't her fault... She has a habit of excusing the behavior of drunken boys by saying "boys will be boys" and blaming herself. that's unacceptable to me.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only FYP'ing this because I'm sick

[ QUOTE ]
so my parents were in town for a midsemester break. my girlfriend went to canada to get laid by someone other than me. while in canada she was at a swingers club with a couple of friends (male friends if that matters).
Two males were trying to make her airtight. . She was pretty uncomfortable, but she was unable to push them away because of the restraints. She said that screaming wouldn't have helped because of the ball-gag that was in her mouth. She was in complete shock and her only thought was to get away and take a shower because she had 8 gallons of man-goo on her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have gone on...but i was laughing too hard. Time for a few more hits off the bong.

To the OP...only be mad at the guys. Be supportive of her. When chit like this happens, sometimes people don't make the right snap decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stole my post. I was gonna write how she more than likely provoked it, gave the guy her number, met up with him later, then once she realized what happened she would have felt guilty for not telling OP about it and made it seem like it was their fault. Most women are pretty clueless when it comes to mens intentions. My GF once gave her number to a guy at the bar. He would not stop calling her and I'm talkin like 3 a.m. So I did what any man would do, snatched the phone out of her hand, answered, and I threatened to take control of the situation with violent action. He never called again. If you trust her support her and NEVER let anyone pull [censored] like this if you can. If she can't protect herself and you can protect her then things like this are going to happen. Yo Joker, pass that [censored] this way.....
Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, I thought rory was off base w/ his responses in this thread, but now that you clarify that you are pissed off "way more" at the guys than you are pissed off at her, I realize rory is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the title of the thread made it obvious that he was angry at his woman.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To clarify, I am not pissed off at my girlfriend. at best I was a little upset with how she handled herself as the incident unfolded and afterwords, but now I don't even feel that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are angry at your woman because she has a habit of getting herself into trouble then I think people are giving you too much grief. However, it doesn't seem like this WAS the case. OOT just did you a massive favor.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyway, what will happen if you call the cops will be this: you will call up, say my girlfriend was assaulted blah blah this is the guys number. the cops may or may not do anything about it. but if it even goes to trial, the guys will go, "no we didn't, i gave her my number and she called me. she is crazy." and she will go "no you guys did all that stuff" and their lawyer will go, "ok prove it" and then the guys will go home. its terrible that it happened to your girl but nothing is going to happen if she tries to do anything about it. respect that she wants to put the terrible experience behind her and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately this is what is most likely to happen...unless one of them has a previous history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if currently they have no previous history, they never will if no one ever files a complaint. She should definitely file a report.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely. Jordan, have you talked to her about getting any sort of counseling for this? I can't imagine trying to repress this would be emotionally healthy.

Do not blame her for the way she reacted. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to be pointing out what she "should have done" right now, especially if she blames herself even a little. That might just reinforce the idea that what happened was somehow her fault.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be sympathetic, let her know it's not her fault, and do NOT tell her what she could or should have done. .....don't make a bunch of threats or talk about hurting these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain this? IMO constructive criticism is often really good as you know what to do next time. I HATE feeling helpless and not knowing what to do makes me feel even more helpless. Also, knowing someone has your back and won't be a pussy when you are in danger is good. So threats (done in the right way) can be feel really good when you feel helpless. Even if it's only a "Man I wish I was there. I may be outnumbered but I would of bit his ear off."

Also, I don't see what's wrong with urging her in filing a complaint. She doesn't have to go to court, she just needs to file a complaint to "protect others that may be in danger". It will build her up and allow her to be a stronger person. She will feel good about it because she's helping others. She can be a "character witness for future victims".

I'm not a woman of course. And I've never been in this womans specific situation but I have been mugged and beaten by group of thieves. I was messed up pretty badly. So I'm very familiar with what goes through a victims mind.

P.S. Nothumb, as always, I love hearing your street wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it's hard enough for the girl to even tell you in the first place, cause she knows we're gonna get all macho and go do this and do that. she should know that you'll support her if she decides to do anything, but only after she knows that she's in safe hands and being taken care of and you're glad she's ok. if she was looking for advice on how to handle it she'd call her parents.