Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 2 Hands = No Clue

[ QUOTE ]
1 raise; can there be a better flop?

2 fold; probably beaten at the moment; you need a J or T if not already against a set or better two pair and beaten if the river brings it. odds against you about 11:1 and pot odds don't justify a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2005, 04:28 PM

I might call in hand 1 and try to backraise the button. I think there's at least a decent chance if he has KK/QQ, etc. he might raise in attempt to see a free river/get to cheap showdown.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:33 AM

Why just quote me?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like calling on the flop for the first hand. I gotta go but I'll post my reasons later. Do you guys really think calling is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually leaning towards calling this flop too. My reasoning was that I would call, see if button was going to raise, and see if the EP was going to 3-bet, which I can get away from very very cheaply. If it wasn't raised on the flop, I would call if bet into and bet if checked to on any further streets.

I hate getting over aggressive post flop with a hand like AQo after a 3-way cap.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:59 AM

I agree that the preflop call in hand 2 is very easy and I do not think you have to play expertly after the flop to make the call profitable.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like calling on the flop for the first hand. I gotta go but I'll post my reasons later. Do you guys really think calling is that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling is clearly the best option.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 AM

I think hand 2 needs to get the flop raised.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 AM

Both are interesting.

Hand 1: Although tricky, I think calling is substantially the best play here. Maybe a raise if you have the button, but not stuck in the middle like you are. MP3 could have a weaker A or AK or AJ or JJ or 88 -- you just don't know. And button could easily have JJ-AA or AK as well. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not all that confident you're ahead. At the same time, if you ARE ahead, then you're WAY ahead and there's little danger associated with giving a free card. So, call. And don't be too afraid to fold if there's a lot of action on the turn.

Hand 2: Preflop call is a no-brainer. Flop is close between a raise and a call, but I think a raise is better -- it may buy you a free card on the turn and it'll get you info on your opponents' hands. That turn card is ugly. Nice play by MP2 here with his 2 pair or made straight, since it puts you in a really tough position with the blinds and MP1 still left to act behind you (and charges those flush draws the max). Your hand is too weak to continue with that board. You're probably up against a bigger 2 pair, a made straight, or even flush (with at MOST 4 outs, which might not even be outs at all), and even if you are ahead, you're facing a ton of redraws.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the preflop call in hand 2 is very easy and I do not think you have to play expertly after the flop to make the call profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Several ppl have said this is an easy preflop call...i'd fold JTs to an UTG raise (even with 2 callers in front) 10 times out of 10...anyone else agree, or want to argue why it's an "easy" call??
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why just quote me?

[/ QUOTE ]