Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 02:33 AM

Default How greedy can you get?

Check raise this turn?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (32 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (28 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 37 BB
Old 04-04-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: How greedy can you get?

Your probably could check raise this turn, but I don't know that you neccesarily should, as you would probably lose everyone but the button if you faced the field with two cold on the turn.

Also, if button really likes his hand, you might get to bet/3bet it. I think your line was best.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:46 AM

8 to the flop on a 15/30 game!?

Is it like that often?
Old 04-04-2005, 03:25 AM

You must be new here.

www.partypoker.com
Old 04-04-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your probably could check raise this turn, but I don't know that you neccesarily should, as you would probably lose everyone but the button if you faced the field with two cold on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a bad thing. Even if Hero c/r the button, anybody inbetween them will be getting 15:1 on the call (31:2, if I counted right). Given expected river action you could almost call with a two outer here and not be making a huge mistake. Getting that kind of price a call is clearly correct for any straight draw (gut shot or otherwise), and if you can get a straight draw out, you've done yourself a huge favor. By this point one has to assume that anybody still in is drawing live vs. Hero's set, and the more folds the better.

lf
Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 AM

You cannot afford for this turn to get checked through, so going for a c/r is risky. However, if you could c/r the button and push out a gutshot or two, it would be a good thing. The pot has grown large enough that any straight draw is correct to call, as of course is the flush draw. QQ or KK wouldn't even be making that big of a mistake, if their outs were clean. If you try for a c/r however and wiff...that would suck.

lf
Old 04-04-2005, 06:44 AM

Now I have to protest.

It is not like that very often when I play (Mostly around mid day US time). I am happy when we are four to the flop.

Kim