Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 05:39 AM

Default How much do you make/lose with TT here?

20/40 Party 8-handed. No long term reads, but both opponents have been on the normal-passive side through about 10 orbits, cutoff slightly more aggressive than SB. Table has been exceptionally passive for awhile until this hand:

One limper, CO raises, I 3-bet with TT on the buttton. SB caps, limper folds, CO calls. Flop is Q J T (2 diamonds). SB checks, CO bets, I raise, SB 3-bets (trouble), CO caps. I call the 2.

Turn pairs the Q. SB bets, CO raises.... how do you play from here on out?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: How much do you make/lose with TT here?

Personally, I would call the turn (so as not to push SB off of soemthing like KK or AK...If SB is the type of player who can't lay down a hand, I'm definitely going to 3 bets.) Then, have the mindset that you want at least two bets go in on the river, assuming nothing silly happens like the 3rd Q hitting.

From the tone of your post, you make it sound like you think you are behind here...I don't. It is much more likely that your two opponents have some combination of AA, KK, AK, and AQ than one of them having JJ or quads. Sure, once in a great while you will be beaten here, but at this point, I'm figuring I have the best hand and am trying to determine how to make the most $$.

- Jags