Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: KTs in BB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hand strikes me as being overagressive in general. The preflop raise was too much out of position, and I don't like the auto-bet on the flop.

I'm folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're OOP because you're gonna be second to act on the flop right? what if you were on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was checked to me on the button, I still wouldn't bet this.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:02 PM

I don't like the PF raise either, FWIW.

Since you raised PF, the flop bet is OK, but I'd be folding this turn, reverse implied odds style.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pf raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I'm not going to get anyone to fold? I thought KTs was a good hand to raise on the BB if not raised already.

Also the table had been showing practically no aggression pre-flop, and I thought a raise could induce folds on the flop if crap came up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong for thinking this is a good value raise? You'd raise here with a ATs so does a KTs drop that drastically in value?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pf raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because I'm not going to get anyone to fold? I thought KTs was a good hand to raise on the BB if not raised already.

Also the table had been showing practically no aggression pre-flop, and I thought a raise could induce folds on the flop if crap came up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong for thinking this is a good value raise? You'd raise here with a ATs so does a KTs drop that drastically in value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. KTs is very vulnerable to being dominated (AK, AT, JJ) and you'll be out of position for the rest of the hand.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hand strikes me as being overagressive in general. The preflop raise was too much out of position, and I don't like the auto-bet on the flop.

I'm folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're OOP because you're gonna be second to act on the flop right? what if you were on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were on the button I would raise pf and then check the flop through (if possible).
Old 03-16-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were on the button I would raise pf

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an auto-raise from the CO or button in this situation.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:48 PM

The preflop raise is bad because you felt compelled to bet the flop with overcards and a backdoor flush out of position into a field of 4 opponents. It would have been far better to check-call an early position bet or check-raise a late position one. Also, you say they're all PASSIVE players postflop, which gives you more reason to check.

If you want to make these pot-building raises, you really need to think twice about the flop auto-bet. A pot-building raise means that you're taking advantage of some sort of preflop edge. When that edge goes away (ie, bad flop), you're spewing chips by continuing to bet.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Results

First of all: thank you for all the responses and analyses! I am going to be sure to post more hands and reply to other people's threads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just got PT two days ago, and i just discovered the feature that allows you to play pack every hand: (kick ass!)

After a short session last night (like 70 hands), i went through and replayed every hand, analyzing each step. When i got to the posted hand, i realized how i misplayed it. (I was ok with my PF raise, but i didn't like the flop bet or the turn call.....yes i called it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

I won the hand. 9 came on the river and gave me the 2nd nut str8. I was so happy when i won this hand (big pot), but I am happier now that I've learned from my mistake! I was actually in BIG trouble: Button had 66 (set) and MP3 had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 03-16-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were on the button I would raise pf

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an auto-raise from the CO or button in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

where's your bottom line for raising? ATs and KQs?

not raising ATs here is the Ed Miller bigger mistake than limping 72o UTG hand. KTs is a fair step down of course.

auto-betting the flop is pointless.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:17 PM

I raise KJs from the blinds here, but not KTs...everyone needs a cutoff. I remember raising it every now and then at .5/1 but I think that was suboptimal.

as an aside to davelin, I think not betting this hand if checked to on the button would be bad