Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: KTs in BB

[ QUOTE ]
as an aside to davelin, I think not betting this hand if checked to on the button would be bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who said this. I'm not sure what betting does in that situation. I won't clean up overs, my folding equity isn't high enough, my overall equity isn't high enough IMO. Maybe it buys me a free card on the river but not enough times to make this the only reason for a flop bet.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: KTs in BB

[ QUOTE ]
I raise KJs from the blinds here, but not KTs...everyone needs a cutoff. I remember raising it every now and then at .5/1 but I think that was suboptimal.

as an aside to davelin, I think not betting this hand if checked to on the button would be bad

[/ QUOTE ]

with 5 opponents.. take your free card in a pot this size. the check-to-the-raiser mentallity is a leak only if you take free cards appropriately. a reverse dominated hand isn't folding for one bet. folding J's and Q's and A's does nothing for your hand since they would have to spike on the turn, you'd have to have reason enough to see the river, and catch your lower pair, and call a river bet to make this scenario undesirable.