Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Playing with multiple multi-tablers

[ QUOTE ]
I have been playing on Poker Stars (mostly $0.25/$0.50 Limit HE) for about a year and a half now. Two months ago I withdrew the $ I started with and moved up to the $0.50/$1.00 level with the profits. I've noticed something new at this level: multi-tablers = A LOT OF THEM! Last night, 5 of the 10 people at my table were playing 2, 4, 5, or more tables at the same time. How do I deal with this? I don't have the best read on all of them, but it's been my experience that these people play above average at least. I'm sure i've never seen one draw to poor odds, play loose, or overplay/call. Also PS only usually has like six $0.50/$1.00, 10 person tables going at a time so I can't get away. Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh NO! The BOT invasion has started!

Seriously though, not all multi tablers play
well.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night, 5 of the 10 people at my table were playing 2, 4, 5, or more tables at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty much the same thing at Party now. You just have to make sure that there are a couple of bad players at the table. The games are still very beatable, but they're not the goldmines that they were a couple of years ago.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing someone is multi-tabling shouldn't "psych you out" at all. These people are playing .5/1 so they're obviously not the best players alive, and since they're multitabling they are most probably playing a very ABC game. It's very easy to beat these people and you shouldn't be worried as long as you understand who the multi-tabling ABC players are and who the fish are and play them accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you suggest i play them: a little more aggressively preflop (blind stealing) upon knowing they are playing very few hands? Or should I use a little more caution with the cards i play against them if i feel they are only playing top tier hands? Perhaps i should get poker tracker so i can get more info on other players than i can keep track of on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker definitely helps to get a handle on players, I highly recommend it. This is a pretty broad generalization, but .5/1 multi-tablers have often read a book or two and play a pretty straightforward game. Also, since they're multi-tablers, they also avoid marginal situations. So they're pretty tight-agressive preflop but tight-passive post flop. It's far easier to get a more accurate read on them. I really believe that most players in the micros are either LP fish or TP and learning the game. So as long as you know who you're playing against and play accordingly and you'll be fine.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also PS only usually has like six $0.50/$1.00, 10 person tables going at a time so I can't get away. Suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch to Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap!!!!! The Party people play horribly!!! I'm not winning yet, but I forsee much profit at the $0.50: from the terrible overcalling, drunk tilting, loose players there!!! Thank you for the advice!