Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: My story about party poker

It should be totally clear in your account records and the rules of their contest whether you are owed the money or not. I would do whatever is possible to get the money back including stirring up publicity if possible. And even if they payed me back I would never play there again. Party is a sleazy site.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:32 PM

Yeah, from what I read and that last little bit thrown in by the OP "they MAY have credited me too much" makes me believe that there was an error in putting the $1500 in there in the first place.

I'm sorry, but Party would not just take $1500 away from you that you earned.

So, you were pretty happy when you saw they made a mistake and thought you had free $$$. Turns out they caught it. Tough luck.

This is the 2nd time I've read a story just like this.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:39 PM

No they never credited me an extra $1,500. And after 6 hours on the phone with them how much more time would you spend on the phone? The stress involved isnt worth $1,500 to me. Pshabi I use to think about issues like this the same exact way until it happened to me. If its the 2nd time youve read something like this that should maybe tell you something.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:31 AM

I heard about this from another player. And it looks like they mistakenly added twice the money on the account of their July leaderboard winners...So I think they have a right to take it back...even if you give them a huge rake every month. This has nothing to do with this issue.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:02 AM

wether they credited your account extra or not, that is not something you do one month later. If it was a mistake, when they could have taken it out was the same day it was credited. Now, since it was their mistake (assuming it was an extra credit) the only way they can make it up to you is giving it back to you, because it is not your fault that they screwed up, plus, you are a valuable customer, so in order to keep you they should give it back to you. I can tell you, in the two years I have playing with Absolute I've had some software trouble but the customer service they gave me makes me thing this way... check 'em out!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Everybody can make mistakes, even a big company. If they sent an email to the players to let them know about the mistake I consider they did the right thing.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:31 PM

The money was wrongfully taken out of my account, they never credited me twice. I am here to report good news though as they finally put the $1,500 back into my account after the biggest headache of my life. Now I can get back to winning the tournament leader board as planned for september.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:14 PM

I know this was a huge headache that you never should have gone through, but it was certainly worth your time. Even if you spent 10 hours on the phone/e-mails that's making $150/hr. A saying we always had at work was "You'll never make more money per hour than when you're negotiating." We were talking more about contracts which lead to thousands per hour, but it applies here too. Again, sucks that you had to go through it, but persistance certainly paid off.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:53 AM

My name is Oriane, I am your VIP executive host at Party Poker.

I would like to apologize sincerely regarding the two consecutive mistakes that happened to you recently. Finally, the 1,000$ that haven’t been paid to you unjustly, have been added on your account.I am really sorry once again for the inconvenience, and I would like to offer you a free tournament buy-in (anyone you would like to play, including the 1million$ tournament). Could you please let me know and I will make sure you will be registered in the tournament of your choice.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 AM

sweet...good job.