Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:34 PM

Default AQ three bet pf, hit tp

Tight table, villain is probably loosest at table i.e. saw him limp utg w/ k9o, but he's still not in most pots and haven't seen him raise with mediocre hands or three-bet yet. I'm assuming he has a fairly tight pf three-bet range.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Villain thought for five seconds and bet.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Donk, call or check-raise here?

River: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

If you c/c the turn do you donk here or c/c if he bets? I'm not as familiar as I should be with the wa/wb line, is this a good spot to c/c, c/c, bet/fold?

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Same tight table, most hands are hu or three way with a pf raise, does anyone open in Mp here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 12-12-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: AQ three bet pf, hit tp

I like a flop check/raise here. As played you gotta bet that river.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 PM

If you don't think you're ahead enough to c/r the turn or flop, then you must must MUST donk the river in hand 1. I fold hand 2.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:53 PM

Hand 1: Why not c/r the flop? TPGK might just be best at this point, but you're vulnerable. Turn puts a str8 draw on the board, but would villian 3-bet with KQ? If you're assuming fairly tight 3-bet requierments then you have to assign a lower probability to that holding, I hate donking, but a c/r here with the bigger bet could be good. I'm thinking you missed some bets on this hand.

Hand 2, I fold w/o lots of limpers ahead of me.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think you're ahead enough to c/r the turn or flop, then you must must MUST donk the river in hand 1. I fold hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, first 2/4 sesh and I'm playin' a little pussyish but it seems like the players aren't that different, a little tighter and more hu/3-way hands, but still poker, sweet.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I think you've got to put in a raise on the flop or the turn in hand 1. So, if you're c/c'ing the flop it's so you can c/r the turn. I don't like a c/r on the flop, though, as it might just shut down AK or AJ. So, either bet/3-bet the flop or c/c the flop and c/r the turn.

Hand 2 I muck. I might open in CO.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:03 PM

I like your line in hand 1, wa/wb, but you have to bet the river.
I don't think I would check raise the flop in hand 1 like some are saying. We may lose him if he has KK or QQ or TT. I think he folds to a turn check raise without an A, so I like to just donk the river, confuse him and hope he calls w/ his KK

edit: I fold hand 2
Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line in hand 1, wa/wb, but you have to bet the river.
I don't think I would check raise the flop in hand 1 like some are saying. We may lose him if he has KK or QQ or TT. I think he folds to a turn check raise without an A, so I like to just donk the river, confuse him and hope he calls w/ his KK

edit: I fold hand 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, yeah I'm thinking a river donk is probably best here after c/c flop and turn. I felt a little weakness when he waited before he bet the flop but wasn't sure if it was uncertain about the Ace or uncertain about how to play his set. I think I like the river donk best here.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:12 PM

You seem to have played too cautiously from the flop, when you might have had the best hand with TPGK, but your hand was vulnerable to straight and flush draws.

I think that you should have either bet or attempted to check/raise the flop. That way you would have put pressure on weaker hands that needed to improve to win.

I dont think that WA/WB applied when you were HU on the turn, because with 3 high board cards (and a 2 flush) showing, there were too many ways that you could be outdrawn if you had the best hand.

JTo was not strong enough to open call or open raise with from MP2, IMHO.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:29 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like the raise PF in MP1 for just what happened. You get cold-called by MP2 and 3 bet by Button at a tight table. Now you're faced with having to call 3 bets w/ AQo knowing that the cold caller may re-raise behind you and then you're looking at 4 bets w/ AQo, and first to act w/ 2 others.

I think AA, QQ is unlikely since you hold one (but not unheard of) so AK, KK, JJ, TT... to open up for the others? Possibly AQ (it happens), AJs, ATs, KQs,KJs...

I like the check here to see what happens behind you before getting any deeper, although I can't see what MP2 would go in for 3 bets PF and fold to 1 on the flop. The guy must be a bleeder at the table.

Same with the turn as now his possible TT has made a set and he's no longer scared of the overcards, or KQs has made the st8, or AJ, AT 2pair has you beat to now.

River, The question is do you bet it out and fold if raised, or call to see the hand. Given the opening action, I check and call. If I added right, there are 8.25 BB in the pot so it'd be hard to let it go now for 1BB.

Comments?
RT