Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Am I a gutless calling station?

I play the flop the same way as you. Although I'm not sure if it's the best play on this 5-way flop (leak?). Overcards and backdoor draws => flop call. Turn is good. I think it's a good spot for a bet/fold on the river.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM

I'd bet the river. The rest is fine.

Rob
Old 09-20-2005, 01:03 PM

Fold to a raise?
Old 09-20-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably a sound move, since he'd likely have K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (maybe AQs, but I doubt it).

Rob
Old 09-20-2005, 03:18 PM

I would say if you plan to check call the flop then might as well bet. Button could have a ten or a draw. like 76. If he has a ten its probably JT or T9. So you know he does not have the best diamond.

Only 2 hands here are scary on the river Ad Tx, AdTd, KdTd, Kd,Tx. KQs, KJs, AQs unlikely. I'd probably bet the river. More hands are behind.

From a player read point of view watch his action on the turn. 2 draws out there on the turn. If he pauses for a second and thinks he probably has neither. Even AdTx I would keep betting no problem thinking, "Great I have a draw now to the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]". Quick bet he has a the top pair no draw. A long delay then a bet is the old... "I hit my flush, I want to look worried about it then bet to get callers". Might seem silly these reads but Ive seen enough of them to know what they mean.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:29 PM

I'd check/call on the river. The button has been betting right along and hasn't been heard from yet in this round. BB has been calling along and could easily have a better diamond than you do. Conceivably you could end up with third best hand here. No way you are folding to one bet, but at this point you want a showdown at low cost. So I'd check and call one bet, maybe fold to BB's check-raise.

Just my $.02 worth...
bc
Old 09-20-2005, 06:36 PM

the flop bet is fine, im betting this flop something like 100% of the time, i bet the river too