Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Party Screenname Change

Is this possible? Is there a way to simply enter a new Username for table play or do you have to basically de-activate your current account and then set up a brand new one?

As an aside- I don't have any rakeback/affiliate(?) program or deal set up. I play mostly SSNLHE. Would it be a good idea to sign up for one when i open my new account? do i need to open a new account to sign up for it or can i simply start it up after i get a Party name change?

btw- not sure if this matters, but i use IGM-Pay to deposit into Party. might there be a problem if i close down my current party account and then try to open a new one and attempt to link up to the same old bank acct?

a Zoo search for the party name change info didn't yield anything useful. i realize that the rakeback ?'s can prob be answered via filtering thru some old posts as well, but hopefully ppl can comment on that issue as well.

any help/advice is much appreciated
Old 05-31-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Party Screenname Change

You just need to open an account at one of the other skins. Look to the classifieds.

-Craig
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 AM

You can change your screen name six months after you open an account, and six months after every name change thereafter. Your old name will be permanently unavailable to anyone, including yourself, so pick a good one.

I don't recall the exact name of the link, but it's instant and automated (no Cursedtomer Service involvement) from your "My Account" page (accessible from your PartyPoker client if you are logged in (the easiest/best way), or indirectly from Partypoker website main page.

Be aware that your *original* (first) screen name remains your account name forever (unless you make a special request to Party Poker Customer Support) so you can use either your first or current screen name to log into your client to play poker. (This is slightly lax on the security front IMHO, but I'm picky: Long ago, I helped set the Federal HIPAA standards for computerized medical records -- and I'm pretty unhappy with how those turned out.)

While you're at it, you might want to change your acct PIN (initially set to your phone number -- which is Aces-full-losing-to-quads sucky, from a security POV)
Old 06-01-2005, 04:03 AM

F.W.I.W., A couple months ago, party told me specifically, in response to a question, that my old screenname would be later available to ME at any time in the future, but to noone else.

I have an e-mail account with that old sn as my email name, and wanted to know if i could go back to it later.

Going back to an old sn kinda defeats the purpose most of us would have in changing, but f.w.i.w. . . . .
Old 06-01-2005, 05:30 AM

Actually, that could be useful to me, if it means what it seems to. On one party skin, I cheaged to a nick that seem to be STRONGLY negatively affecting my EV. (i.e. I consistently win less on that nick than I do on another, even if I play them within minutes, and have near-identical playing stats on both. I've experimented, and the effect seems to holds up (neither nick is particularly memorable, but one is misinterpreted as lavbelling me neophyte, based on the remarks I get in chat. Neddles to say, I don't bother to explain what it really means.

HOWEVER: though you may be able to login using any of your old names, it WON'T change the screen name displayed at the Party tables table (in my experience) I never bothered to change L/P memorized by my client, but no matter which past (account) name I log in under, the tables show my current screen name. If logging in under my old nick doesn't put me in my old Nick, what would? (of course, this may only apply to your *original* nick/login/account name. That's why I specified "original" rather than "past" in my earlier response.

Try it -- and if the tables display your old nick, let me know.