Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Perfect Republican World

If 100% of elected officials were republicans, what would the country look like. Taxes, military, court system, everything. Try to keep your response based on the "party" rather then a specific factions ideals such as Bush, McCain, Arnold, Thurmond, whatever.

Your "perfect" world doesn't have to be based on political expediency, you can pass any law you want. HOWEVER, it must be based on what is factually possible. For instance, you can't have no taxes and universal welfare, because that's impossible. You can't have world peace without explaining how to achieve it and defend that stance. Etc. Etc.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Perfect Republican World

Hell.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:39 PM

Conneticut...i mean minus the Puerto Ricans in Hartford....

Sound about right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM

Clever, witty, nice intellectual contributions there....
Old 03-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Actually if you had a brain to take out your ass it was....

I mean its hard to speculate what either party would do with no political considerations at play since both are inherently political animals.

I tend to think the court system would be WAY WAY LESS powerful and lawsuits muck less prevalent due to legislation the GOP would pass. There are positives and negatives to this.

No capital gains taxes...

More partnerships between business and the Govt to help with programs like grant-aid to college students...

Less Govt entitlement programs...

MUCH MUCH freer and better educational system...

looser environmental limitations on business....

Limitations on abortion on demand....eventual attempts to severely undercut this "reproductive right"....

Massive foreign workers program in cooperation with India and Mexico...further squeezing any blue collar and mid white collar workers out of wages they think they are entitled to....SORRY IT GUYS,,

Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 PM

It would look like a bomb, just before the timer hits "zero".

q/q
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limitations on abortion on demand....eventual attempts to severely undercut this "reproductive right"....

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep your religion to yourself.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:31 AM

I'm not a republican, but I despise the democrats more than republicans, so here it is.

In the idealized republican-run country, republicans would actually live up to their economic ideals, and their federalist ideals, and their small govt ideals.

Here's what it looks like, in random order

Dept of Education: gone. Let states run their own schools. If you think your state's schools suck, move to another state. The state with better schools will have better jobs.

Farm subsidies: gone. Govt should not pay anyone to sit around and do nothing. Actually, I'd make an exception for Congress itself.... If only they would just sit around and do nothing.

Social Security and payroll tax: gone. This is the best thing that could possibly happen to the working middle class and working poor. This program is the bane of the lower class and Democrats are so twisted that even though recognize this, their solution is to make it a bane for the upper middle/upper rich too! That way, EVERYONE can suffer. Isn't that great?

Line item veto: Crucial to any fiscal responsibility. Congress wants to give away the store. Only a responsible president with a line item veto can stop the madness.

PATRIOT ACT and drug war: gone. Ideally republicans wake up to their senses and remember that they are OPPOSED to govt violations of privacy and civil rights.

NEA: gone. Nuff said.

Subsidized disaster insurance for people who willingly choose to live on a flood plain: GONE GONE GONE. This practice is flat out stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

Tax rate: Reduced even further. A scaled reduction of taxes from the rich on down to the poor, although I favor bigger percentage drop on the lower brackets. Hell we just saved about $500B from cutting the drug war and farm subsidies and dept of Education. Doubling what the last Bush tax cut was would be a good start. Again, this would be a huge boon to the working poor. Most democrats don't understand that part but that's why their democrats.

Abortion: Jesus christ you idiots, it's legal. Get over it.

Gay marriage: Jesus christ you [censored] rednecks, it's the 21st century. Gay people are part of this world. Get over it.

Corporate welfare: Gone. No more special breaks and subsidies for industries like Amtrak and MLB. However.....

Corporate Tax Rate: 10%. Democrats will scream. That can only mean it's the best thing for the country.

This is the main problem I have with Democrats. Whenever a Democrat opens their mouth about fiscal policy, you can be assured they are wrong but it panders well to the ignorant masses. If a Democrat is talking about Social Security, there's only two explanations for the nonsense they are spewing: 1. scumbag 2. idiot

Not sure which is worse.

That's all for now.

natedogg
Old 03-10-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Gay marriage: Jesus christ you [censored] rednecks, it's the 21st century. Gay people are part of this world. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with just about everything else but these. Perhaps we can apply the Federalist ideals to this too? Basically repeal Roe v. Wade as it was a big hit to states' rights. And I have no problem with Gay marriage if the state votes for it. If not, too bad.

Other than that, good post.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

PATRIOT ACT and drug war: gone. Ideally republicans wake up to their senses and remember that they are OPPOSED to govt violations of privacy and civil rights.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with just about everything you said except these.

You're not as bad as I thought. At least you're somewhat consistent in your ideas with regard to your opinions about personal freedom, unlike some of the jokers around here(Zaxx, BGC).

Oh I also agree about exempting most of the poor from taxes. Some Democrats would like to tax the [censored] out of everyone, but not me. I want to give more tax relief to the lower and middle classes, and roll back the tax cut for the upper 5%.