Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 12:42 PM

Default AA facing aggression

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Villian's 3-bet scared me off, so I went into call down mode. My reasoning was, from the SB, he could've had anything, and could have hit that flop with a 4. Does anybody fold this, slow down like I did, or keep firing?

Villian was one of the tighter, more passive players at the table.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: AA facing aggression

personally, i'd cap the flop. if he leads again, i could see slowing down there, but i'd raise the turn and call a 3-bet.

-t
Old 01-15-2005, 12:53 PM

Does the fact that Villian had been pretty tight-passive factor in? That's why I slowed down earlier than usual.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:01 PM

After he 3-bets you're either way ahead or way behind so I don't mind calling down in this large pot.

Calling down loses to least when you're beat and keeps villian betting his worse hand when you're good.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After he 3-bets you're either way ahead or way behind so i don't mind calling down in this large pot.

Calling down loses to least when you're beat and keeps villian betting his worse hand when you're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally hate calling down, but I like your line of thinking. Laying down AA would be weak, but it was hard to keep firing in this one.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:13 PM

so. let me say that i know where you are coming from and that i'm not sure my advice is correct. (Wario's line looks good to me, but i haven't tried to implement the "way ahead, way behind" strategy in my game) it looks like that may apply here.

if villian is tight, what hands could he be calling two with that contain a four? but if he is really passive, he must have something... i just prefer to take control of the hand in general.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:20 PM

My read on SB seemed about right (I had mentally put him on A4s). Still, I never saw this coming...
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 6d 6c (full house, sixes full of fours).
Hero has Ah Ad (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: SB wins 12.50 BB. </font>
Old 01-15-2005, 01:35 PM

so, you were waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind.

so, my suspcion in hands like these (when sb is tight, and calls a raise, then get agressive on a paired low card flop...(which happens all the time, i know [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])) SB will have a medium pocket overpair. i guess it just sucks a whole lot when that pair gives him a flopped boat.