Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: blind battle for tstone

[ QUOTE ]
Since he checked behind on the turn, I think you have a thin value bet on the river. I would think if his hand had no chance to win, he'd bet the turn or else his flop call makes no sense, so its likely he's got something he'd like to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 PM

i disagree with you here. when this type of overaggro player starts running you over they often times think they can run you over in every pot. i think the times you get bluffraised on the turn are much higher than 1% but not over 10%. the king is a good card to bluffraise victor on. not because victor is going to fold a pair but because an idiot who thinks he can easily run an opponent over might think victor will fold a pocket pair with the king on board. not to mention he might think victor could have a hand like AQ and lay that down as well. from the impression i get of villain and the past history victor has with him he seems to be the type of player to come up with reasons for why he should attempt to bluff the opponent out of the pot, not the type to make calculated bluffs.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 PM

haha...oh i like value bet