Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: respondents to questions

[ QUOTE ]
It's great to say that every post has merit (because it does), but there are posters here who's opinions I tend to respect more because of their past performance

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my game wouldn't be anywhere near where it is now if it wasn't for guys like

Shillx
Entity
btspider
Jaran
deathdonkey
Grunchcan
and a ton others
Old 11-16-2005, 01:25 AM

i have a better idea:

dont answer the question if you believe it a ridiculous question.

i guess i am a little tired of a-hole poker players, thank you very much. you can call that sensitivity if you wish.

now, to the other possible respondents to this question, any idea how to seperate the wheat from the chaff, if you know neither what wheat is, nor what chaff is? thanks.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to mister wookie:

excuse me, it is anything BUT poor reasoning. if i am in ignorance, my ignorance includes an ignorance to what is "right". it is precisely because i am ignorant of what is "right", that i ask, who can i identify as capable of replying in a "right" fashion. i can cite multiple instances of hand evaluations that seem "correct" to me, but are also obviously antinomies. who of the authors of these conflicting interpretations is "right"?

and please donot reply with that commoness, it's all relative, or, they both are.

your comment was exceedingly poor reasoning, and exceedingly arrogant as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

One good thing to have in this forum, as well as all the forums on 2+2 is thick skin. Before you're so ctitical of others, try responding to some hands and see how your advice stacks up.

If you're not here to get better and learn more about LHE.....go away!
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to mister wookie:

excuse me, it is anything BUT poor reasoning. if i am in ignorance, my ignorance includes an ignorance to what is "right". it is precisely because i am ignorant of what is "right", that i ask, who can i identify as capable of replying in a "right" fashion. i can cite multiple instances of hand evaluations that seem "correct" to me, but are also obviously antinomies. who of the authors of these conflicting interpretations is "right"?

and please donot reply with that commoness, it's all relative, or, they both are.

your comment was exceedingly poor reasoning, and exceedingly arrogant as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to take offence - Wookie's a good guy.

What your post hinted at is something that ought to be discouraged in poker: rule bound play. A poor poker player is not ignorant to what is right or wrong, but why it's right or wrong. Unfortunately, many people treat these boards as a Q&A forum, and not a discussion forum. But you'll never learn this game one hand at a time.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I'm always a lagtard, so don't play like me. Numeri's right alot, and that pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess if I could give one piece of advice, it'd be this: Ignore Nate's posts like the plague. Save yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Oh, and b-set is right quite a bit too, and that pisses me off as well.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and b-set is right quite a bit too, and that pisses me off as well

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 01:36 AM

Whoever has the most posts is the best at poker.

Do you get your oil change done by the dealer for $160.00?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and b-set is right quite a bit too, and that pisses me off as well

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually when I sit in one of your 2+2 games, and I bluff 3 bet your turn c/r, and you cap it cause you are right, that I'm full of [censored]. Yeah, that pisses me off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW I might need a sweat later this week, you gonna be around? My game really sucks right now.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's great to say that every post has merit (because it does), but there are posters here who's opinions I tend to respect more because of their past performance

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my game wouldn't be anywhere near where it is now if it wasn't for guys like

Shillx
Entity
btspider
Jaran
deathdonkey
Grunchcan
and a ton others

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, these are so old school. This who taught us to play.

Seriosuly though. Just read the posts and evaluate the logic. If you're not sure, post your thoughts/questions. If something is blatantly wrong, somebody knowlegeable will correct it. I won't single out the current good posters. You'll figure out who they are soon enough, and everybody has merit
Closed Thread