Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 06:55 AM

Default The Evolution of 2+2 posters, an allegory...

Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honalee.
Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff
And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff, oh

Together they would travel on boat with billowed sail
Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail
Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came
Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his name, oh

CHORUS

A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys
Painted wings and giants's rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain
Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.
Without his lifelong friend, Puff could not be brave
So, Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave, oh

CHORUS
Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: What ever happened to Mid High

[ QUOTE ]
ive said numerous times that we need a highstakes forum for 30/60 and higher and a forum for 10/20 to 20/40. .

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am a lower mid-stakes player also and sometimes don't feel like my 15/30 hand is as interesting to some of the other posters simply because you can't give your opponents that much credit without a read. But then again when I post on the SS forum, the feedback that I get isn't nearly as well thought out. I tend to think like a lot of the posters in this forum so I tend to post more in this forum. My apologies to the people I bore with my crappy hand posts. Tata
Old 10-03-2005, 11:57 AM

I think you do small stakes something of a disservice - there are plenty of good posters there. There are plenty of bad ones there too, but twoplustwo is like that - its a forum for educating new players as much as it is for advanced players to get together in discussion. One thing I've found that helps when posting in smalll stakes is to omit the level - it seems to generate more replies. I think some of the posters get intimidated when they see 15/30 in the header. And there are a lot of mid-level games being posted there now, even 20/40 and 30/60. I still lurk in the high-stakes forum though - I'm learning so much about how to creatively flame people with a pithy one-liner [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My only regret is that I've contributed zilch to making it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do something about that.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive said numerous times that we need a highstakes forum for 30/60 and higher and a forum for 10/20 to 20/40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the break should be 10/20 to 40/80 versus 50/100 and higher. The 40/80's play pretty close to 20/40, at least in LA.

Another possible break is B&M mid to high limit versus online mid to high limit. The online posts seem to have an entirely different flavor than the B&M posts.

Good post though. Hope you get some feedback.

~ Rick
Old 10-03-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you do small stakes something of a disservice - there are plenty of good posters there. There are plenty of bad ones there too, but twoplustwo is like that - its a forum for educating new players as much as it is for advanced players to get together in discussion. One thing I've found that helps when posting in smalll stakes is to omit the level - it seems to generate more replies. I think some of the posters get intimidated when they see 15/30 in the header. And there are a lot of mid-level games being posted there now, even 20/40 and 30/60. I still lurk in the high-stakes forum though - I'm learning so much about how to creatively flame people with a pithy one-liner [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a small stakes guy, I agree with this.

I personally have posted several 15/30, 20/40, and even one 30/60 live hand to the Small Stakes board, and have found the feedback very useful for those games.

The real question seems to be "where does 15/30 online belong"? It often goes here and often goes to SS... I wonder if people shouldn't just start cross-posting and comparing. Who knows?

Small Stakes is an odd board, because you have posters who range from players just moving up to 2/4, and then you have players like Entity, Sfer, Shant, Jason, BigEndian, Crunchy, Harv and so on that have been playing for a long time, many of whom play at the 10/20 online or 20/40 live level and higher. Mid-high is nice in that there is less noise, but I still stand by Small Stakes for stuff up to about 20/40.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM

My posts suck, but they will get better in time,(maybe when I figure this advanced poker thought process out I might even have an intelligent post [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) But by all means, you regulars keep posting so's I can keep reading 'cause I need all the help I can get because I suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], Seriously the upper level thought process posted here DOES really help my game so everybody keep it up! and don't get too frustrated with us newbies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
JEFF

PS who won the 2+2 showdown on friday?