Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 03:35 PM

Default PP 25NL TT from MP

2nd Orbit- 10 person table
villain has been fairly loose (been involved in many hands)
one move I have seen him make is a PFR of $2 with 77 from BB, and leading out on the flop

Stacks
Hero: $40
Villain: $26

Blinds .25/.50
UTG call. EP 1 calls. Hero calls T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](UTG+4). All folds to villain in BB who raises to $3. Rest fold to Hero, who calls.

Flop ~$7. 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Villain bets $6. Hero calls.

Turn ~$19. 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets $20. Hero?? (has ~$17 remaining)

Some Thoughts:
Why I didnt raise PF: I had only been at table for ~2 orbits and figured I'd wait to raise a hand like TT after I had a few more reads on table. (I'm actually not even sure if I should be raising TT very often at PP 25NL-10player as its likely to get called by too many hands that can flop an overcard and make TT tough to play on many flops)
Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: PP 25NL TT from MP

I think that you need to re raise his flop bet, it will give you a better idea of where you stand, however the way the villian is playing it seems to me that he could have QQ-AA so you are in a tough spot. I min raise the flop bet then fold to reraise and push the turn if he calls and dioesnt lead out.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:25 PM

tough hand. almost too shortstacked to raise on the flop as a info raise.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 PM

I think you have to call here. You have ten outs to the nuts, plus you are already ahead at least some of the time.

EDIT: If he has the made straight, then two of your outs (the tens) are no good. Based on your read, pocket sixes are possible. I don't think J-10 is likely (is he so aggro that he would raise J-10 out of position?) I'd still call.