Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: not so sure about this hand

I bet around half the pot here. Any more and he's committing his entire stack, and I can't see him doing this after this check.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:45 PM

i dunno if this changes anything too much but if his overpair has a club in it, he's now 55/45 to win from the flop ....
Old 11-17-2005, 05:55 PM

It really doesn't matter, because you have to balance that out with the fact that he could have raised with AK and this is just a CB so...

I like the way you played this. You don't need to really get "payed" off to hit your draw because you're pretty much getting correct odds to call all the way down. You're about 30% on the turn(27% if he's got a club) and he's offering you slightly better than 3:1...easy calldown

If you raise for a free card on the flop(which people have been suggesting) there's the possibility he's pushing here, and then you're only getting even money, which isn't bad but I actually think calling is better. I like making +EV calls much better than breakeven pushes(unless I get some fold equity which you say isn't happening).

NH
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be raising the flop here to a pot sized bet which would be around 130, so that would make your bet a total of 205 with making his call and raising it 130 more. If he calls then you naturally check the turn and the river is self explanitory.

Ed S.

[/ QUOTE ]

pot-sized raise would be to 275-ish

which leaves him like 300 on the turn with 600 in the pot, and id feel terrible checking behind and watching him push a blank river and give me 3:1 odds

i just feel that sort of thing happens to me ALL THE TIME. i raise the flop with a big draw, check behind turn, river is a blank, he pushes, i fold(??) or call(??)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know it sucks and it makes you sick. But fold you must. You know with him re-raising you preflop you have to give him credit to a pocket pair. You've got to check turn and if you miss river and get a blank, you must fold. Calling here is just throwing money away unless you have a fantastic read on him and he has Air with A-Kc

Ed S.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:19 PM

I bomb the flop.