Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Many WPM do you read?
500+ 27 40.91%
450-500 5 7.58%
400-450 5 7.58%
350-400 7 10.61%
300-350 8 12.12%
275-300 2 3.03%
250-275 3 4.55%
225-250 3 4.55%
200-225 1 1.52%
100-200 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: what would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Saying "I've got the nuts" after river betting is just sort of ignorant anyway if you don't in fact have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or it can be a clever angleshot.

[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, it is each individual player's responsibility to hold onto his or her hands until a)the player forfeits the hand by mucking (like this case) or b) see's that the pot has been won or lost.

If I've played a hand all the way past the river bet, I'm going to see at least two cards, whether those be mine or my opponents, before I get rid of my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, all of that is very nice, but the fact is the rules do provide for a challenge from the player who mucks his cards due to an opponent's false hand call.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the winner did get the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, to argue differently is to not understand the rules of poker. Villian is a moron, and Hero isn't responsible for Villian's lack of hearing ability.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 PM

If it's me (in your shoes), I either chop or give the guy the entire pot. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in. I can't see myself taking the whole pot. It's Not the way I want to win in a game of cards. YMMV.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 12-12-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
horrible angle shoot

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't an angle shoot require intent? this seems like a misunderstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldnt be making this "joke" at showdown for this very reason. i see it as an angle shoot. ship it to villian.

im curious how randy or al would rule if they were floor.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't answer my question at all
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 PM

Default For the record

I chopped the pot. My first inclination was to give up the whole pot, but it didn't seem right to give it all up to a player who didn't show his cards. Keeping it didn't fell right either since what I said, although unintentional, may have caused him to muck. Rather than hold up the game and take all night to decide I took the middle ground and asked the dealer to chop the pot, which he did.

The other player was not upset. He said it was his mistake and he didn't think he should get the pot either.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
horrible angle shoot

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't an angle shoot require intent? this seems like a misunderstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldnt be making this "joke" at showdown for this very reason. i see it as an angle shoot. ship it to villian.

im curious how randy or al would rule if they were floor.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't answer my question at all

[/ QUOTE ]

when did my wife start posting here?

bwana
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 PM

I dont think it's up to you, it's up to the dealer. (and by rule I think they have to give it to you unless you want to be nice enough to ask to see his hand in which case his hand would be live)

What did you mean by nut low? A4 would of been the nut low. (if there was a 6, 7, or 8 out there) If you are going to screw around at least be accurate about it. ;-)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: For the record

Wasnt there a dealer there??
Old 12-12-2005, 06:37 PM

Chopping it is the nice thing to do... particular if you want to keep the player at the table...

That being said, in live games, I have said (and heard people say): "nut low" or "nut no pair" many times. People should know not to muck their hands until you are sure you lost -- and if you're not sure, table your hand.

When I was at the Palms last year, there was some old guy who insisted on yelling "full house" every time he got to show down with three of a kind -- someone tried to explain to me that this was a "Chinese full house. The guy yelling "full house" was not Chinese and I had never heard that before... I think it was an angle shoot unless someone could set me straight...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:26 PM

Unless the guy's cards were 100% identifiable, I would not give him the whole pot. However, in the spirit of keeping things friendly and because I do think the winning hand should get the pot, I would most likely offer to split* the pot with the villain. Really, though, anyone who mucks his hand just because he thinks he heard the word "nut" doesn't deserve too much sympathy.

SpaceAce
* I also believe the winning hand needs to be tabled