Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Please help Analyze my stats (3036 hands)

I started out by trapping/slowplaying/etc., but have developed a more aggressive style as well. I just realized that I was often going nowhere in my games, since my moves were so predictable. If I bet or raised, it meant I had something big. My bets were always the size of the pot, and my preflop raises were always 4xBB (+1BB for every limper). It finally hit me when I was told by another player that I was too predictable.

So, I've developed my game from playing strictly TAG (which I still play if I'm multitabling), to a more action-oriented play. I'm not quite LAG, but I'm constantly out there throwing chips around. The result is that people like to play sheriff and give me action in return. Woohoo!

Ahh, I love NL. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Please help Analyze my stats (3036 hands)

I agree with you Nir. 3000 hands can be used for some analysis. It is not enough to determine your winrate and you will not be able to get much info on your river bluff success but when it comes to the pre-flop and flop game it is still helpful. Your vpip and PFR looks alot like mine. Don't let anyone tell you that 18% vpip is too tight. Remember that advertising play is a synonym to sucker play at low limits. The only reason to call with weak hands is if you have very good implied odds. Tight play should be the starting point for any player. Then when you're comfortable with your game you can start adding some hands when situations are good (this is not personal experience but it seems logical).

Your aggression factor is less then half of mine. You mentioned that you slow play to the turn often. As for me, I almost never slowplay. I'm used to limit poker and I'm new at NL. In limit poker, slowplaying is the dumbest thing a fish could do, but I understand that NL is different. However, I think the average player slowplays way too much (maybe I should do it more though). It's very amusing to see how people are unable to bet when they catch a 2pair or better. Players that check their flushes to me on the river after calling a full pot bet on the turn with their draw are also quite funny. Don't rely on other people to bet the pot for you. How can you be sure that they'll make a bet of appropriate size for instance. Minibettors are everywhere! A word of advice: don't slowplay flushes, straights or 2 pairs.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:31 AM

Default correction

I agree with Kylma. Nir was asking the question.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: correction

wow great replys guys. also only time i slow play 2 pairs is short handed but otherwise i dont slow play it. sets however always goes like this multiway for me. check/bet, check/raise, bet/raise. unless i have a reason to let it go or play is faster in a draw heavy board. and i can tell who is going to give me action if i check it by their Gametime+ info. its kind of easy to tell. but i guess i should be a little more aggressive. one other thing i have hard time doing is playing tp tk aggresively multiway. i always seem to b agressive with it on flop but i slow it down on turn/river multiway. in a multiway pot i often just lose money calling bets with tp tk. also i play tp mk very passively. short handed i might be a little aggressive but multiway with no position i often just check it through and might call a small bet if i have more outs to improve my hand. any advice on how to play tp tk and tp mk?