Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Taj Comments

I'm not trying to sound biased, but I've never seen something like this (blatant favoritism in the case of an obvious ruling). Obviously, if this happened as u said, I would be hardcore agitated. I just haven't seen something like that in 5 years of going there.

**BTW, I would have called for the shift manager before the pot was pushed. PERIOD. And of course you know this now, but if you waited till the chips were released before doing anything, you take away any possible angle. There are angleshooters at every cardroom I've ever been to, including Borgata (out of turn checks that turn to bets, etc).

I can see why you were pissed though and of course respect your decision to play anywhere you want. I play at both and enjoy both for different reasons.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Got to recommend a trip to the new section of the Trop, the Quarter, was packed when I was there and there were stunning women everywhere.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:34 PM

I definately agree!!!

Went to The sound of philadelphia while I was there recently... great club, great band, AMAZING women,
Old 04-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Hit the nail on the head

If you want good games, good selection and short waits -- Taj is it. I would rather play a good game with good selection in a cess pool (unfortunately the Taj, while not quite a cess pool is not as plush as the Borg) than not. If you want naked (almost) D cups go to the Borg.

The 10/20 and 20/40 at the Taj are much better. Many of the nits have started going to the Borg.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are angleshooters at every cardroom I've ever been to, including Borgata (out of turn checks that turn to bets, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I've never felt like they got away with as much there, though.

I haven't been to Atlantic City since late January, but when I was there the Borgata 20 game was consistently better than the 20 games in Foxwoods or anywhere in California. If the game at the Taj is really "better" as opposed to "more fun," it must have gotten to be one hell of a game.

scrub
Old 04-13-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many of the older players you'd think would be rocks...aren't. It's kinda surprising, but some of the worst players there are older players (though I haven't played 10-20 in awhile there so your mileage may vary).

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be also true in the Borgata 10/20.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At the Borgata I've seen regulars get away with stuff on wait lists.
scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
theres wait lists at borg? i never knew [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 08:56 PM

any comments on the 1-2 no limit game there?

I have less then 100 hours of experience at these games, so take my information with a grain of salt.

I found the games pretty soft. However I usually play Saturday morning or Sunday morning at 9 am after 8 hours sleep. Most players have been playing since the night before attemting to get even, or attempting to give back what they earned.

The other times I have played, the games were good.

Post a trip report.