Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Taj Comments- Weekday vs. Weekend?

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I didn't read the post carefully...thought it was a general Taj inquiry. But...while the Borg 20 is very good, I think the Taj game has MUCH more action (esp. lately). Depends if you like passive or aggressive. I also think the floor manages things better at Taj, but that's just MHO.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you (or others) have any opinions about the Taj mid limit action on a WEEKDAY as opposed to weekend? i.e. - is the weekday 5-10 or 10-20 Hold'em game insanely tighter than a Fri/Sat game? Thx.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Taj Comments- Weekday vs. Weekend?

5-10 I don't know, but 15-30, 20-40 are very good midweek. 10-20 varies but is usually pretty good.

My guess is 5-10 is tightest.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Taj Comments

The last couple of weekends I have been playing 10-20 at the Borgata. It has been open seating Saturday night. Last Saturday, they had six tables of 10-20 going. It will probably be more busy as the summer comes on (unless House of Blues opens a poker room and takes away some business), but I have been surprised at the lack of long waits for 10-20.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM

20-40/40-80 were much longer waits than 10 last time I was there (those are the limits I usually play). This is b/c they don't spread as many tables, but there is still alot of demand. Maybe it's gotten better and I'll give it a try. If I play Borg, I usually hit it Sunday bf leaving town.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2005, 07:41 PM

Just returned from AC-

Taj- Got a good 1-2 NL table on Saturday, two guys with absolutely no clue and three who were very poor. Saw the hottest waitress I have ever seen there, though she was not the norm.

Borgata- Also very soft, table was weak, great service, lots of hotties,

Trop- Tighest table, though I had the most fun because of the people, service is as bad as ever, didn't make any money
Old 04-12-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think the floor manages things better at Taj, but that's just MHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the floor at the Taj has a tendency to let the regulars get away with way too much, although I could see someone who played there regularly feeling like they did a better job.

scrub
Old 04-12-2005, 09:04 PM

As you can see, both the Taj and Borgata have their loyalists. The Borg is newer, cleaner and more comfortable. The Taj is much larger and offers more games. I don't find the $1-2 NL games to be played much differently in one place vs the other. I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but now I think the Taj poker room is at run at least as well as the Borgata.

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the floor at the Taj has a tendency to let the regulars get away with way too much, although I could see someone who played there regularly feeling like they did a better job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Cause Borg doesn't give its regulars special treatment in the high limit room? Taj is better at starting games and managing the list in my experience (as in, the next person gets the seat).

Also, I go like twice a month...don't think that makes me a regular. And I do play at Borg also...but never on a Saturday night.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2005, 10:15 PM

I showed up at the Borgata last Sat at 3 pm. I was the only name on the 10-20 list and 5th on the 20-40 list. I was seated in a 10-20 game in 5 minutes and in a 20-40 game in one hour. I don't know if this was an anomoly, but I found the wait very reasonable.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 PM

Raise the turn