Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: FTP Giving 10 Million to anyone who wins WSOP through them

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just one more thing that is not good for whatever integrity the game has left...

[/ QUOTE ]

???? explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine its the final table. Imagine the question that comes up; anybody qualify thru FT? Good, lets figure out how you can win so we can split an extra $10M.

Fm
Old 06-05-2005, 06:49 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Just one more thing that is not good for whatever integrity the game has left...

[/ QUOTE ]

???? explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine its the final table. Imagine the question that comes up; anybody qualify thru FT? Good, lets figure out how you can win so we can split an extra $10M.

Fm

[/ QUOTE ]
Making deals is a part of tournament poker. If the people at the final table *openly* make a business decision that will make them all millions of dollars each I don't see how that shows a lack of integrity.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Making deals is a part of tournament poker. If the people at the final table *openly* make a business decision that will make them all millions of dollars each I don't see how that shows a lack of integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Integrity is perhaps the wrong word, but I think the Full Tilt plan is ill-conceived and it could make a mockery of the WSOP ME if someone at the final table qualified through them.

Also I'm not sure it's that great a promotional idea. A better incentive would be if they said "make the money and we will add $5K to your prize".
Old 06-05-2005, 08:27 PM

Your proposition only holds true until money independent of the prize pool becomes part of the equation.

What if there are two players at the final table from FT? What is their incentive to make their deal "open" to the other players. For that matter, while deals involving the remaining players/prizes are standard, doesn't the issue become blurred when not everyone at the table agrees to the "deal"? In short, IMHO, any time there is a deal among less than all of the players that causes any individual player to act differently with the same holding than they would absent the deal, it is bad for the game (because the factors driving that action are not equal for all players).