Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Playing 10x over my head!!!

So last night I got home drunk from the bar and I decided it would be a good idea to play 30/60 limit at PokerStars. Normally I play 3/6. I had about 3k in my account so my roll was in serious jeopardy.

First hand I get KK. There's lots of betting the whole way, and I end up losing to 66 who spiked a 6 on the river. Quickly I was down $270.

I turned around and won 2 pots and was up about $500. Then like that, I was down $1000, and I said screw this and quit. After 5 minutes of pondering what I had just done to my bankroll I said to hell with it, and jumped back in the game. I won a pot with Ace high, and then another decent one in the BB.

Anyways long story short I ended up playing 62 hands and was up $153. It was a rush.

The only crappy thing is I was also playing 5/10 and 3/6 at the same time and because the stakes were so much lower I was playing a little ridiculously and lost about $120 on those tables so I was only about +$30 for the night.

Good fun.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Playing 10x over my head!!!

I've had similar situations happen myself inclding playing 30/60 when I was at 3/6 and having AA lose to 22 when a 2 comes on the turn. It's good that we go to the higher limits so there are less suckouts lol.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Playing 10x over my head!!!

[ QUOTE ]
It's good that we go to the higher limits so there are less suckouts lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, that's not why i go to the higher limits.