Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Fold, Call, All-In, aieee! Deliberations of a tourney newbie

Hello, all!

I'm a limit HE player who has recently ventured into playing live NL HE tournaments run by an aquaintance. I've got a severe shortage of skills and knowledge of NL in general, and tournaments, too, so I was wondering if somebody could help me out.

This weekend I played a NL HE tourney with 41 players. We started with 1500T. The players seemed pretty decent for the most part. About 2 hours into it, the field was down to ~30 players. The blinds were 25/50, I had ~1000T, and was the 3rd-smallest stack at my table.

I got 77 UTG and raised it to 200 (standard for that point in the tourney, it seems). A medium stack called, and the short stack, who had been complaining about getting crappy cards all day, said "Finally I've got some cards." and pushed all-in for ~500T.

Now what's my best course of action here? Fold? Call? All-in? Throw my cards in the air and do a dance?

Also, if someone wants to berate me for my open raise, that's cool too. I unfortunately don't know what I'm doing in NL tournaments...

Thanks in advance,
-Grendel