Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Living on your own for the first time

Been thinking about this for a bit ever since I turned 24 a few weeks ago. Been living at home all my life, even through college. When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place and start off on your own? Do you feel it gets done "for a reason" like college, a job, moving in with a girlfriend, etc... or is there just a time in your life when you feel it's "right."

I dunno... I mean, I have a degree, a great paying job (and the qualifications to get another in relatively short order if need be), money saved up, good credit, no debts... I feel as though I've already "finished" this stage of life and there's nothing more for me to accomplish here. I have friends who have moved out long ago and some older than me who still live at home (who I don't want to end up like). I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

Thing is, I love living at home. Don't feel oppressed, great relationship with family, and all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus, but I know I won't be here forever. When else would I move out? When I get married and find myself completely unable to cope with these new responsibilities since I've never had a taste of what it's like to be away from the nest?

"Hey mom and dad, I'm thinking of moving out. Why? Oh no reason... I love it here, I just feel that 'it is time' ???"

I don't know... what do those of you who had similar experiences think? How was it like for you?

(fyi: yes, I've already CKM and decided it wasn't the best solution. As for SIIHP, it's in the works. Looking for other alternatives.)
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Living on your own for the first time

[ QUOTE ]
turned 24

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place

[/ QUOTE ]

6 years ago bro
Old 10-05-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turned 24

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place

[/ QUOTE ]

6 years ago bro

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been thinking about this for a bit ever since I turned 24 a few weeks ago. Been living at home all my life, even through college. When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place and start off on your own? Do you feel it gets done "for a reason" like college, a job, moving in with a girlfriend, etc... or is there just a time in your life when you feel it's "right."

I dunno... I mean, I have a degree, a great paying job (and the qualifications to get another in relatively short order if need be), money saved up, good credit, no debts... I feel as though I've already "finished" this stage of life and there's nothing more for me to accomplish here. I have friends who have moved out long ago and some older than me who still live at home (who I don't want to end up like). I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

Thing is, I love living at home. Don't feel oppressed, great relationship with family, and all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus, but I know I won't be here forever. When else would I move out? When I get married and find myself completely unable to cope with these new responsibilities since I've never had a taste of what it's like to be away from the nest?

"Hey mom and dad, I'm thinking of moving out. Why? Oh no reason... I love it here, I just feel that 'it is time' ???"

I don't know... what do those of you who had similar experiences think? How was it like for you?

(fyi: yes, I've already CKM and decided it wasn't the best solution. As for SIIHP, it's in the works. Looking for other alternatives.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed at home until my parents kicked me out, and to be honest, I wish they hadn't. I'd say that if you like living at home, and you don't have a reason to leave, then stay. Don't leave just because you feel that you are too old.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:54 PM

What do you do with girls? Bring them home?
Old 10-05-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to their place obviously
Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's 24 and he lives at home. "Think about them with a towel nearby" seems more likely.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:07 PM

You got a good paying job, time to get out there man.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM

I live at home. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are well fed.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to their place obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.