Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-12-2004, 01:52 AM

Default UB NL Tourney hand

Opponent is at seat 1 with 1615.
Hero is at seat 2 with 1475.

Ultimate Bet (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 20.
Hero raises 180, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets 420, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets 600, UTG calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets 415 (All-In), Hero calls 275 (All-In).

Final Pot:
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: </font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG ().</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: </font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ah Jh (flush, ace high).
Hero shows Qs Qc (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: UTG wins . </font>

I thought I was raising enough on each turn. Should have I gone all in on the flop? What is the proper move here?
Old 03-12-2004, 02:55 AM

Default Re: UB NL Tourney hand

Hiya NT,

I think you played this fine. He just wasn't going to let go of his AJs in a four-handed situation, no matter what. You made him pay to chase his runner-runner flush, and that is about all you could've done. Your river bet into a three-flush is a bit suspect, but because it was a runner-runner I'd have bet it also. Most people won't chase a three-card flush at the flop, so I'm less worried about betting into a running flush.

In FTOP (Fundamental Theorem of Poker) terms, you "won" this hand, even though you lost the pot. That is, your opponent made a terrible mistake, and just got lucky. If you're doing that consistently, you'll be way ahead over the long run.

Cris
Old 03-12-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: UB NL Tourney hand

When I saw the last heart fall on the river, and he went all in--I just called because I didn't think it would be worth trying to come back from 215 chips to his huge stack.

Thanks for the advice chris. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]