Old 09-26-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: wrestling moves

3 letters

NHB

-blake
Old 09-26-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks great post. This is exactly what I was looking for. Any advice for when he is on all fours and I am on the offensive.

If the position is reversed and I was on all fours I think I would be pinned pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

must....resist......sarcastic......reply.....

ok, so in referee's position you're on the offensive. Exhibit A:

A common move is to chop his arm into his body, then push his weight forward and left. With nothing to support him he'll go down quick. You can also knock his arm out and forward and push. Same principle.

Once broken down you can use a simple half nelson to pin.

Exhibit B:

From either side you put one arm under the opponents, wrap around the back of their neck, and use it as a crank to turn them over.

If you want to get advanced and make him cry for this mother, then you should learn the cross face cradle.

Exhibit C:

This shows the mid way point of the pin. Its a little more complicated, so if you're up to it let me know. The end result is that you'll have your friend pinned on his back, your forehead driving into his temple, your right knee pushing into his ribs, and your left leg pinning his right leg down helping you stretch things tight.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks great post. This is exactly what I was looking for. Any advice for when he is on all fours and I am on the offensive.

If the position is reversed and I was on all fours I think I would be pinned pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

the easiest thing to do is go for a half nelson / cradle combo. first break him down so he is flat on his stomach. Take your right hand and reach under his right shoulder place it on the back of his head. run your feet 90 degrees to the right, and use your arm as a lever with his shoulder as the fulcrum to turn him on his back. when he turns run your right arm up around his head so the back of his neck is in the crook of your elbow, your chest is against his chest, and you are perpendicular to his body. At this point lift apply pressure with your right arm and lift his head off of the floor. this is not a choke as the pressure is on the back of his head. (taking his head off the floor removes his final defense for keeping his shoulders off the floor). keep on the tips of your toes and arch your back, applying maximum pressure on his chest.

it sounds like he'll know this play well and his natural counter when you start to do this will be to shift all of his weight to the right hip in order to prevent your right arm going under his shoulder and over his neck. if you really press getting up there, his shifts will be dramatic. If you manage to get your hand under his shoulder and close to his neck, he will be working on your hand with his hands and shifting almost completely on to his right side to counter you -- and turning and twisting his head to get away from your hand. Watch especially his legs -- you are looking for him to curl them a bit towards the fetal position - this position naturally affords him more leverage for his defense, but it is very very vulnerable. You are going to be watching for this, and when he does this to the furthest point you think he will, you will quickly switch -- to a cradle move. While he is on his right side with his head turned away from your half nelson, you pull your arm out, put your right arm around his neck (so the left side of his neck is against your right bicep), and your left arm around his left knee, and clasp your hands together, putting him in a "cradle". The key for you will be to get your hands clasped before he realizes what you're doing - the leg is much much stronger than the arm, so you will not be able to fight against his leg if he realizes what you're doing and you have to struggle against his strength to get your hands clasped. much easier if he doesn't know it's coming. also if his left heel is dug into the floor at a bad angle, it is possible that when you go for the cradle to SLAM your right arm into him, you are trying to get his weight to dramatically shift and stop at that heel -- this sort of takes practice but if you can basically "aim" all that force at the heel that is on the ground it puts a lot of pressure on that heel so for a split second he will have a much harder pulling that particular leg in. this takes some practice and feel though. Anyways, once you get your hands clasped in the cradle, put your right knee in his left side -- right in the ribs, dig in, and use it for leverage to pull him on his back. it can be tricky to get a pin in this position if he knows what he's doing, but if pull as hard as possible with your two arms, pulling his head and leg towards you, and push into his ribs with you knee very very hard, and apply pressure with your forehead against his left temple (you will be pulling his head against yours as hard as possible) you will basically get a submission here in that he'll just drop his shoulders.

good luck, and the other dude didn't mention it enough, whatever you do when you are bottom do not reach back ever at any time, you will get crushed.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM

ha nice

perfect combo
Old 09-26-2005, 11:14 AM

hahah, that's hilarious. at least he can see its the right way to go [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 AM

Maybe it's not cool to say so or whatever, but choking people while drunk sounds like a pretty bad idea to me.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profess...stling_attacks

Is all you need to know
Old 09-26-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the position is reversed and I was on all fours I think I would be SITP pretty fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-26-2005, 03:41 PM

Simple: Coco Butt
Old 09-26-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Simple: Coco Butt

[/ QUOTE ]

That definitely qualifies for the "Obscure but hilarious" post of the day.

Can anyone remember the "Flying Burrito"?