Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:52 AM

Default thread police

Why do certain individuals want all the information about a subject contained in one thread? Would it really be helpful to have one thread entitled "rakeback" with 89,356 posts on every conceivable aspect of rakeback? I think it is much more helpful to have multiple threads with each thread bearing a descriptive title of what is contained within.

For example, with the PokerNow rakeback thingy, I wouldn't mind seeing threads entitled "PokerNow audited for Rakeback abuse," "PokerNow e-mail on Rakeback audit," "Expect other Party skins to be audited," and so on. Yes, this creates many threads on "one" subject, but each thread would cover a different aspect of the subject.

Is it really that difficult to read the title of a thread and figure out what is going to be in there? Or, are some people so clueless that they ignore a thread's title, read the first three messages, and then finally get doinked on the head with the revelation that the thread they are reading covers something that was in another thread they read earlier?

Invariably this person then posts a message in the thread saying something to the effect of: "This thread covers something that was in another thread somewhere. I am terribly annoyed by this." They didn't want to waste their time reading the thread in the first place, but they'll waste everyone else's time with a worthless post.

Can someone please clue me in as to why we should limit the starting of new threads? Should I have searched for a thread on this same subject and posted my comments in there?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: thread police

Godddammit..there have been 100 threads about this subject already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]~
Old 03-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Can you make this a sticky? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do certain individuals want all the information about a subject contained in one thread? Would it really be helpful to have one thread entitled "rakeback" with 89,356 posts on every conceivable aspect of rakeback? I think it is much more helpful to have multiple threads with each thread bearing a descriptive title of what is contained within.

For example, with the PokerNow rakeback thingy, I wouldn't mind seeing threads entitled "PokerNow audited for Rakeback abuse," "PokerNow e-mail on Rakeback audit," "Expect other Party skins to be audited," and so on. Yes, this creates many threads on "one" subject, but each thread would cover a different aspect of the subject.

Is it really that difficult to read the title of a thread and figure out what is going to be in there? Or, are some people so clueless that they ignore a thread's title, read the first three messages, and then finally get doinked on the head with the revelation that the thread they are reading covers something that was in another thread they read earlier?

Invariably this person then posts a message in the thread saying something to the effect of: "This thread covers something that was in another thread somewhere. I am terribly annoyed by this." They didn't want to waste their time reading the thread in the first place, but they'll waste everyone else's time with a worthless post.

Can someone please clue me in as to why we should limit the starting of new threads? Should I have searched for a thread on this same subject and posted my comments in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put yout [censored] hands on the wall [censored]!!!!!