Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Did I play this top two pair well?

I'm interested to know how would you would play this top two pair hand (could I have won more here?) ...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter

BB ($46.80)
UTG ($145.40)
UTG+1 ($129.85)
MP1 ($132.90)
MP2 ($191.05)
Hero ($108.25)
Button ($130.58)
SB ($139.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $13</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $10.

Turn: ($32) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $18</font>, Hero calls $18.

River: ($68) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

Final Pot: $118
Old 09-26-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Did I play this top two pair well?

[ QUOTE ]
could I have won more here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed if you won this hand.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:24 PM

I think small blind's most likely holdings on the flop are two pair or bottom set. Against that range of hands, I like a three bet, because he is probably coming along for the ride. If he pushes you're probably going to have to call and hope he doesn't have 55.

As it played out, it's possible that he made a straight, but I doubt it. I'm not sure what he is completing in the small blind and then check/raising big on the flop with that includes an ace or nine. Anyone that is going to check/raise big with AK probably woulden't just complete it in the SB anyway.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:29 PM

Anyone that is going to check/raise big with AK probably woulden't just complete it in the SB anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put...so true.

I like betting out on the flop. How you play the rest of the streets is read dependent. What kind of player is he?

And I'd be quite suprised if you took it down.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM

The only thing I see that you beat here is a villain that has gone crazy with a flushdraw and decides to bluff the ace on the river. I think I like the threebet on the flop, but I'm not sure what I would to if he pushed.. doesn't this have to be 55?

What on earth did he have?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:46 PM

Not 3-betting the flop is eh. Not raising the turn is pretty damn terrible. The river sucks. And I disagree completely with everyone who says SB couldn't have AK, I think it's certainly possible.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I see that you beat here is a villain that has gone crazy with a flushdraw and decides to bluff the ace on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full marks to FlyingStart - he was on flush draw.