Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Multi-Tablers\' Tendencies

I notice that quite often the lowest $. limit Party Omaha 8/B tables, both Limit and Pot Limit, are crowded, sometimes dominated, by players multi-tabling. Some are just multi-tabling the same structure games. Some are playing multiple game types/limits.

Do you think that in a game with as many variables as Pot Limit Omaha 8 or better Hi-Low that these players may have some tendencies in common? If so, what?

Do you think there are any particularly exploitable areas related to the multi-tablers? If so, what?

Do you think this is more a quesion for the Omaha 8/B forum or for this general interest Internet forum?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Multi-Tablers\' Tendencies

If they are multitabling low limit O8 I would assume they are bonus grinding and just playing A2 and suited A3 hands and folding the rest. They are probably just hoping to break even and get a bonus I would assume.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 AM

I think you have to watch the player. I'd guess they're nutpedaling, but it's really not that hard to play 2-3 tables of PLO/8 at the lower limits.

If they're a winning player, they're definately not just playing A2 and A3 hands. They're playing a lot of high only hands because they can usually limp in for cheap and scoop most of the time they have a hand worth playing past the flop.

My advice for exploiting them is to not call their bets and raises without very good hands, but bluff scary boards more frequently when you're in a 2-3 handed pot that is high only. In reality though, a multitabler is usually either a total rock or a good player. Either way, you're just not going to make as much from them as you will from a standard bad player. Also, if you get overly aggressive, they'll simply start checkraising you more.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to watch the player. I'd guess they're nutpedaling, but it's really not that hard to play 23 tables of PLO/8 at the lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. damn that's a slow game.